Brun Ugle makes plans and then ignores them – diary of an easily distracted tortoise 2017 (ES, DE, FI, EO, JA, NO)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Brun Ugle makes plans and then ignores them – diary of an easily distracted tortoise 2017 (ES, DE, FI, EO, JA, NO)

Postby rdearman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:I considered buying Tschechisch mit ekstra Mühe, but the bookstore only had the version with regular CD's and I wanted the MP3 version.

:roll:
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Re: Brun Ugle makes plans and then ignores them – diary of an easily distracted tortoise 2017 (ES, DE, FI, EO, JA, NO)

Postby Cavesa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:05 pm

What is happening here? :-D :-D :-D
0 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:04 am

Cavesa wrote:What is happening here? :-D :-D :-D

There were Star Trek books! That's a good reason to learn a language, right? You complain that there aren't enough people learning Czech, but have you ever tried telling them that there are Star Trek books?
4 x

Ani
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), speaks French, Russian & Icelandic (beginner)

Postby Ani » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:21 am

Brun Ugle wrote:

There were Star Trek books! That's a good reason to learn a language, right? You complain that there aren't enough people learning Czech, but have you ever tried telling them that there are Star Trek books?

Now this is a good point! And Cavesa, to answer your question, I think you were just forcibly recruited to tutor ~10 of your favorite boardies.
1 x
But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:03 am

Ani wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:

Now this is a good point! And Cavesa, to answer your question, I think you were just forcibly recruited to tutor ~10 of your favorite boardies.

We didn't force her, she just didn't step backwards when we asked for volunteers. :lol:
4 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Postby Cavesa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:45 am

rdearman wrote:
Ani wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:

We didn't force her, she just didn't step backwards when we asked for volunteers. :lol:

I should have kept the richness of Czech fantasy and sci-fi, both original and translated, a secret :-D
I didn't know I was supposed to hide at a particular moment :-)

Not sure what kind of "tutoring" are you looking for, but if you mean being a native advisor to a forum group of such awesome learners, that is more realistic than me continuing Finnish right now :-) And fortunately Tarvos might be there too, as she is quite an advanced Czech learner now.
3 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:16 am

Yay for Czech!

And it will be actually quite easy for us as we will all already have a good foothold in Polish, right? :D
3 x

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:45 am

Cavesa wrote:Not sure what kind of "tutoring" are you looking for, but if you mean being a native advisor to a forum group of such awesome learners, that is more realistic than me continuing Finnish right now :-) And fortunately Tarvos might be there too, as she is quite an advanced Czech learner now.

For me to succeed it would probably require somekind of whip or physical pain. Me=Lazy. :)
1 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:43 pm

rdearman wrote:
Cavesa wrote:Not sure what kind of "tutoring" are you looking for, but if you mean being a native advisor to a forum group of such awesome learners, that is more realistic than me continuing Finnish right now :-) And fortunately Tarvos might be there too, as she is quite an advanced Czech learner now.

For me to succeed it would probably require some kind of whip or physical pain. Me=Lazy. :)

Hmmm. So you're hoping to get a beautiful, young Czech woman to whip you?! I didn't know it was that kind of forum! :o :?
5 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Cavesa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Whipped cream is part of some czech traditional dishes, if that helps.
1 x

Return to “Language logs”