A Wandering Doe

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
DoeJohnson

A Wandering Doe

Postby DoeJohnson » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:34 am

Hello all! I just stumbled on this forum today and thought it sounded like a good way to try and get myself to study languages more regularly. I'm quite terrible at self-motivated language study, so please feel free to pester me to study or update my logs as much as possible.

A bit about me: I'm in my late 20s and from Kansas, USA. I've studied Spanish, Mandarin, and Japanese (discounting high school French, considering that I only remember about 20 words). Despite quite a bit of study, my Spanish and Japanese are only at basic conversational levels. My Chinese is failing from disuse. I lived in Japan for three and a half years. I've also visited Peru, China, Hong Kong, and Australia.

Current Languages: Icelandic, Spanish, Japanese

Icelandic
I want to study Icelandic because my cousin will be getting married in Iceland this September and it seemed like a good opportunity to learn a new language. Since I know nothing about it, I plan to use Pimsleur Icelandic, which is supposedly getting released tomorrow.

Spanish
I plan to practice my Spanish by reading twenty pages of a novel every day and resuming a novel translation project I was working on, translating two pages each week for now.

Japanese
I plan to read, take notes on, and complete one day of the Japanese Bible devotional Manna each week.
2 x

Return to “Language logs”