Gaedheal92 - German, Italian, Old Irish.

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Gaedheal92
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish

Gaedheal92 - German, Italian, Old Irish.

Postby Gaedheal92 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:40 pm

Welcome to my log.

I've been studying Italian on and off since December 2014. I've completed Assimil's Italian with ease, and recently acquired Perfectionnement Italien. The book seems very good, I've made it to lesson 7. I plan to study a lesson every other day, though my approach may change as I get a better idea of how my brain will digest the more difficult content of this intermediate book. I also plan to begin speaking Italian with a friend at least once a week via Skype, neglecting speaking practice has been a short falling of mine for some time.

I've finished both of Assimil's books for German, but I still have trouble with the grammar. I recently bought Hammer's German Grammar and Usage by Martin Durrell which I will now use for studying specific grammar points. My listening is quite good (considering I haven't put nearly enough time into it over the past few months), but my speaking lags far behind. However, I am confident that I can activate a lot of passive knowledge in a relatively short space of time if I dedicate myself to two Skype sessions of German practice a week. I've put feelers out on the forum and hope to make something work!

Old Irish is a new adventure for me. I'll be participating in the Celtic Team for TAC with this language. I've been considering learning it for a number of years now but was busy with other languages. I have a very good command of Modern Irish, and look forward to comparing it with her ancestor. My friend is returning my copy of Sean-Ghaeilge gan dua to me. I plan to study one lesson every weekend and dedicate ten minutes of every weekday to reviewing lessons. I'll also supplement with online materials. My aim is not to be able to actively speak it, rather to read it. So basically I want to take it SLOWLY with this one, I've heard she can be very complicated, even for those who speak Modern Irish!

Off we go!
Last edited by Gaedheal92 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Gaedheal92
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish

Re: Gaedheal92 - German, Italian, Old Irish.

Postby Gaedheal92 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:42 pm

(acmhainní)
0 x

Return to “Language logs”