Rdearman 2016-24 You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith Too.

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Rdearman 2016/17/18

Postby rdearman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:54 pm

daveprine wrote:
brilliantyears wrote:Any plans to add it to any of the big platforms? :)

Most likely. I'm finally getting settled in for the semester, and now that school has created a routine, I can plan accordingly to try and get things on a bigger scale. My dormant blog is a good launching point, but we do want to move on up. We'll also improve sound quality and all that as we grow, but I had to stop waiting for perfection. It's the enemy of the good. So is velcro, which seems counter-intuitive.

I think the short answer (and less crazy one) is yes. iTunes and something which will do RSS feeds as well. :)
1 x
: 26 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

brilliantyears
Green Belt
Languages: Dutch, English
Active: Japanese (JLPT N2~N1), Russian (B1)
Maintaining: German (?)
Low-key: Ainu, Mandarin (A2?)
Dropped: Arabic, Korean, French, Latin, classical Manchu, Norwegian, SLN
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19020

Postby brilliantyears » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Good!

Just finished listening by the way, that was great :lol: Took me back to the Polyglot Gathering a little :) good times.
1 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Since then, we've met up at future Gatherings

Are you time travelers too? If so, I want in on this. Take me for a ride in your time machine, please.
1 x

daveprine
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (native speaker); working to maintain German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Indonesian; slowly revisiting other languages studied but poorly maintained in hopes of maintaining them for the long haul.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=8921

Postby daveprine » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:53 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:Are you time travelers too? If so, I want in on this. Take me for a ride in your time machine, please.

We're at the 2020 Gathering. Where the heck are you? Everyone's asking about you....
2 x
Main: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Indonesian
To a lesser degree: Hungarian, Dutch, Ukrainian, Brazilian Portuguese, Albanian, Plains Cree
And then: Manx, Japanese, Tunica, Chinuk Wawa
And then I'll cure world hunger and build a hotel on the moon.

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 pm

daveprine wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:Are you time travelers too? If so, I want in on this. Take me for a ride in your time machine, please.

We're at the 2020 Gathering. Where the heck are you? Everyone's asking about you....

You were supposed to pick me up!
1 x

zenmonkey
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Spanish, English, French trilingual - German (B2/C1) on/off study: Persian, Hebrew, Tibetan, Setswana.
Some knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, Ladino, Yiddish ...
Want to tackle Tzotzil, Nahuatl
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=859

Postby zenmonkey » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:
daveprine wrote:

You were supposed to pick me up!

reminds me of a poem...

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 00.31.35.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:57 pm

It is Friday and I've completed my Language Exchanges for the week, although I'll probably have one more tomorrow. I've been given a couple of links which people might find useful.

A list of En<->Fr cognates: https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/scmsAdmin/me ... 5-2014.pdf
and a lot of short French audio files to listen to: https://savoirs.rfi.fr/fr

I have been doing a lot of French and Italian language exchanges, but I still don't think my listening comprehension is improving. For this I think I need to just expand my vocabulary since often the thing that snags me is one unknown word will throw my concentration off the rails and I just get lost.

Oh well, that is life I guess. So what did I do this week.

3 French LE's one of which was ad-hoc since the person called me and I just happened to have some free time on Skype so we chatted. Mostly in French because their English is worse than my French. I know a lot of you who have seen me speaking French don't believe that this is actually possible, but trust me in this case it is.

1 LE in Italian and the other was cancelled. This time is was cancelled by me. I try to always force myself to complete any LE scheduled if I feel like it or not, but this time it was a external issue which I forced me to cancel.

No Mandarin, there was the potential to do a lesson on Wednesday by I had an interview to go to so couldn't make it. Should hopefully begin Chinese again next week.

Setswana, I have done a little here and there, but will probably lose out to Brun Ugle in the 6WC. She is another language machine. *sigh* However, we do have a potential Native Speaker for our study group. If it works out then it will be great because there is a lot of questions around the actual pronunciation of some of the words and phrases we've got.
3 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Is this the same native speaker as before, the one who wants help with French? If yes, I might sit in and listen to you all, provided I have managed to do all my homework and have some brain energy left. Maybe you'll even get to hear me put French through the wrangler.
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Elenia wrote:Is this the same native speaker as before, the one who wants help with French? If yes, I might sit in and listen to you all, provided I have managed to do all my homework and have some brain energy left. Maybe you'll even get to hear me put French through the wrangler.

No it isn't the same person. So they don't speak any French. However, I'm sure Zenmonkey and I can help wrangle your French. Well, he can, I'm more likely to mangle than wrangle.
0 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:20 pm

rdearman wrote:
Elenia wrote:Is this the same native speaker as before, the one who wants help with French? If yes, I might sit in and listen to you all, provided I have managed to do all my homework and have some brain energy left. Maybe you'll even get to hear me put French through the wrangler.

No it isn't the same person. So they don't speak any French. However, I'm sure Zenmonkey and I can help wrangle your French. Well, he can, I'm more likely to mangle than wrangle.

Nah, I don't want to derail anything. I might sit in anyway, but it's not very likely.
0 x

Return to “Language logs”