dampingwire's JP & DE

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
dampingwire
Blue Belt
Languages: Italian (N), English (N), French (poor, not studying), Japanese (studying, JLPT N3)

Re: dampingwire's JP & DE

Postby dampingwire » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:21 am

Turns out that as a card carrying member of the Illuminati, I get priority access to places in the UK with confusingly spelled place names, so - after answering the usual hodge-podge of Japan Fioundation questions - I will be taking the N1 JLPT at Leicester!
2 x
新完全マスター N2聴解 : 94 / 103新完全マスター N2読解 : 99 / 177
新完全マスター N2文法 : 197 / 197TY Comp. German : 0 / 389

Fledermaus
White Belt
Languages: English (N), German (C1), French (B1), Spanish (B1), Italian (intermediate, rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19001

Postby Fledermaus » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:37 am

dampingwire wrote:Turns out that as a card carrying member of the Illuminati, I get priority access to places in the UK with confusingly spelled place names, so - after answering the usual hodge-podge of Japan Fioundation questions - I will be taking the N1 JLPT at Leicester!

That made me think of the equally confusing Bicester, up the road from me, and I spotted that it's also not that far from you either. Hello, neighbour. ;)
0 x

dampingwire
Blue Belt
Languages: Italian (N), English (N), French (poor, not studying), Japanese (studying, JLPT N3)

Postby dampingwire » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:21 pm

Fledermaus wrote:That made me think of the equally confusing Bicester, up the road from me, and I spotted that it's also not that far from you either. Hello, neighbour. ;)

Hi there !

We lived in Bicester years ago and my daughter lives there now (although in a house that didn't exist when we were there). Lots of confusing/difficult place name pronunciations in Oxon and the surrounding counties.
1 x
新完全マスター N2聴解 : 94 / 103新完全マスター N2読解 : 99 / 177
新完全マスター N2文法 : 197 / 197TY Comp. German : 0 / 389

Return to “Language logs”