My Kartuli Immersion Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Blue Saka
White Belt
Languages: I speak some Turkish (really rusty), I understand a fair amount of Low Saxon, and am currently learning Ossetic (Iron dialect). I learn my languages by exposure, not by studying class material (besides dictionaries and basic guides). It has been a long time since I've studied any language.

My Kartuli Immersion Log

Postby Blue Saka » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:32 pm

I have decided to go ahead with studying Georgian (Kartuli), early. As opposed to my ongoing Ossetic study, there are native speakers I can personally interact with.

I will start out simple. I can already hold a very basic conversation (thanks to one Georgian friend), however, getting a feel for how the language sounds and whatnot is more important to me right now. I'm following Steve Kaufmann's model of beginning in an area of the language that interests me. This will be listening and viewing, mostly in the form of film and documentaries.

Last night, I watched Sovdagari. From what I understand, some of it is in Armenian, however.

... Anyways, I might just make Caucasian languages my thing...

Good day, everyone.
7 x

Return to “Language logs”