Rae’s Japanese Journey

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
rae25
Languages: Cantonese (N), English, Mandarin, Spanish (B2), Japanese (intermediate)

Rae’s Japanese Journey

Postby rae25 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:56 pm

Hello all!

I started learning Japanese in uni many years ago and ended up being in Level 3/4 in the old JLPT system. Then, I switched to Spanish, and passed DELE B2. However, I wouldn’t say I’m good in any particular languages.

A few years ago, I wanted to study Japanese again but it wasn’t quite successful due to some crisis at work and family. But, it was also when I met my hubby, a Japanese man from Kansai area (we communicate in English though).

After we got married, I went to Japanese class again and started from the 3/4 part of Minna no Nihogo 3. This year I decided to sit for N3 exam in July and possibly try N2 by the end of the year.

As my mother tongue is Cantonese and I write in traditional Chinese, my strength in Japanese is of cos Kanji (and possibly 4-character-idioms?). Well, I’m also aware that I will still have to memorise a lot of new words when my Japanese becomes more advanced.

Study Materials for JLPT N3
I’m working on these 2 books (series) at the moment.

1. Try! JLPT N3 (on Ch 4, 11 chapters in total)

2. Minna no Nihongo (on Ch 5, 12 chapters in total):

I do have other books as well. Since time is running out (JLPT will be held in July), I have to stay focused on the exam preparation. My priorities will be:

Grammar > Listening > Reading

That’s all for now =) じゃあね!
9 x

Return to “Language logs”