My journey in French: An enjoyable ride (full of frustrations!)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
thelazyoxymoron
White Belt
Languages: Hindi (N), English (advanced), French (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=16825

Re: My journey in French: An enjoyable ride (full of frustrations!)

Postby thelazyoxymoron » Sun May 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Weekly update

Here's the breakdown:

Anki (including review time): 5 hours, 25 minutes
Journal en français facile: 37 minutes
Assimil: French with ease: 31 minutes
Podcasts: 1 hour, 20 minutes

I spent a lot of time last week going through the rabbit hole of resources. This has been a recurring problem for me and I need to seriously rein-in my horses and stay focused with the methods that I'm currently following.

I followed Matt's advice (Matt from Matt vs Japan) and created a separate YouTube profile for my target language practice. This seems to help a lot as whenever I feel distracted and not really interested in focused study, I just go to YouTube and start browsing through the recommended videos. Since everything there is in my target language, it helps me to focus on my listening skills while still being part of a sort of "leisure" activity.

I came across a channel called Easy French and I'm really digging their videos. I find their style of interviewing people in the street to be really refreshing!

Here's one video that I really liked: Inspiring Stories of Foreigners in France

Goal for next week: Be focused with the resources that I'm currently using and get into a habit of daily practice.
2 x
Personal blog

Harry Potter - Book 1: 3 / 17
Assimil French with ease: 40 / 100

Return to “Language logs”