Pinkyslippers' 2021 study log (Spanish, Korean, French)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
luke
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N). Spanish (intermediate), Esperanto (B1), French (intermediate but rusting)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16948

Re: Pinkyslippers' 2021 study log (Spanish, Korean, French)

Postby luke » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:52 pm

pinkyslippers wrote:My own theory is that language tutors are like hairdressers (apologies to any hairdressers on the forum). Each hairdresser has a particular style/cut which they are good at.

Interesting. I always tell the barber, "use your feminine esthetic and just do what you think looks good on me.". There's a little direction on how much to cut, but that's about it.

But I haven't settled on a regular barber, even though I feel some are clearly better than others.

I usually find those that are interested in me and in doing a giving a good cut do fine.
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Pinkyslippers' 2021 study log (Spanish, Korean, French)

Postby rdearman » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:27 am

luke wrote:Interesting. I always tell the barber, "use your feminine esthetic and just do what you think looks good on me.". There's a little direction on how much to cut, but that's about it.

For many years I didn't have to say anything, because like everyone else in the queue, I was getting an Air Force Regulation 35-10 haircut. Whether I wanted it or not. :lol:
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Return to “Language logs”