Lalala Logs

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
coralsea
Languages: English

Lalala Logs

Postby coralsea » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:10 pm

How much blabbing is allowed in a language log?

Set to visit Norway, Sweden, Denmark, but mainly Norway>learn Norsk>request all manner of Norsk learning resources from library (all came too late), download books/audio, consume Pimsleur, YouTube, Netflix pa Norsk, university online resources>COVID>continue to learn Norsk begrudgingly>seeking new job opportunities/start Pimsleur Spanish for 1 week>binge Vikings>Alex is from Denmark (flashbacks wanting to learn Dansk watching Mads, but never pursuing because Norwegian is the "smarter" choice>learn neither)>Koldt på toppen end theme song by Ukendt Kunstner>Ukendt Kunstner songs are lit>see comments "Danish is so hard">learn Dansk

I really just need a safe space to say that after far too many listens I've caught on that in the chorus of Ukendt Kunstner's song Fucking Nummer, he's not waving around his phone number in front of some girl or sliding it across the bar. A favorite song starts playing, and so he's not going to leave the club just yet...

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I despise false hope.

Current sources: internet - so many YouTube sources..., Pa vej til dansk, Pimsleur 1-30, Hippocrene

I don't know how long I'll continue. The hard part of Danish for everyone seems to be pronunciation. Once I figure I can handle that I may move on to something else. Been thinking of locking down and getting back to learning how to read Russian, Arabic, and maybe add Hindu, Hebrew and Thai too, because I should have been able to read all these scripts by now. Or hurry up and master the basics in the standards. Reality is I'll probably find another song or film that makes me swoon and I'll follow that whiff instead.
3 x

coralsea
Languages: English

Re: Lalala Logs

Postby coralsea » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:09 pm

Yesterday I finished Pimsleur Danish 1-30. I also listened for the second time to Hippocrene's Danish audio. I'm debating whether to go with Hippocrene or Routledge's Colloquial Danish. But, Routledge's audio has already let me down before lesson 2.

In other news... DR.TV has a young baking competition. I wonder if I could use it to study cooking vocabulary. Subtitles do be included.

I kind of want to keep Danish out of the books and purely audio because I'm more a writing/reading type and I think that's ruined previous language adventures. Perhaps I should get a speak partner. San Diego International House of Denmark?
2 x

Elsa Maria
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Intermediate Danish.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6009

Re: Lalala Logs

Postby Elsa Maria » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:08 pm

I think it is safe to say that you can babble as much as you want in your log :)

I look forward to hearing about your Danish studies!
1 x
Corrections are always welcome.

Return to “Language logs”