Language patzer, French

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Language patzer, French

Postby rdearman » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 am

Language patzer wrote:The moment I decided on italian, I was sorry it wasn't german

Oscar Wilde, Irish poet and author wrote:"Life is too short to learn German."

:lol: ma io preferisco l'italiano
3 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Language patzer
Yellow Belt
Languages: Greek native, English C2, French B2

Postby Language patzer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 am

Anch'io preferisco l' italiano :lol: :lol: :lol: Uno di questi giorni lo imparerò, amico mio. Ma non ancora...
0 x
Cours de Langue et de Civilisation Francaises
Book 1, finished

Language patzer
Yellow Belt

Postby Language patzer » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:41 am

I have been absent as I haven't been well. After I recoverd from that allergy (although still wearing cremes, no makeup etc), to make a long story short, I broke some bones on my foot. I stepped clumsily on a very small step, and I swear I felt my foot fold like a piece of paper. I am not wearing a cast, only a narthex of some sort, and I can walk but very carefully. But it's painful and the doctor frightened me, in the sense that he warned me that if I am not very careful, the tendon attached to whatever broke, might have an issue, and then it will mean surgery.

Meanwhile it's summer, it's hot, I want to go swimming, and I am pissed off. I've never had so many health issues, or accidents before. What the.... Of course it could be worst so I am thankful as well.

As for french and german they fell behind, but I am ready to continue. After all I am supposed to rest the foot so it's a good time for languages.
6 x
Book 1, finished

Language patzer
Yellow Belt

Postby Language patzer » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:19 am

Still here, after a lot of time off studying. I was out of town, and frankly didn't feel like doing much.

My plans for french haven't changed a bit. I am going to revise the first book, and do all the exercises this time. I still think that if I spend more time in the foundation of the language, everything will go faster after that. In fact I had started before the summer, but I'll start again now.

As for a second language, I keep changing my mind. Time will tell...
6 x
Book 1, finished

Language patzer
Yellow Belt

Postby Language patzer » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:52 am

My secong language will be german. I will get back to italian after I reach a satisfactory french level.

I'll use assimil, one chapter a day, and that's all the time I can spare right now since french is always my focus. The C2 level is still floating in my head...

Mind you, I have no practical use for any of these languages, just my own pleasure. That's so liberating.

German is a huge mountain, I'd better get going already.
6 x
Book 1, finished

Return to “Language logs”