Life and language in transition to adulthood

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Bilingual_monoglot
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (n) Tamil (n-heritage) French Esperanto (can talk about language policy/lepak, and nothing else) Hindi (bumbling tourist) Malay (basic conversations) Chinese (introductions and ordering food)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16715

Life and language in transition to adulthood

Postby Bilingual_monoglot » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:03 am

Hello. So, I've just graduated from school and will be taking the A Levels in 3 weeks. Next year I will also start a 2 year career as a conscript. In liew of this, as well as to make a clean start, I have decided to start this new log.

At the moment, I am planning to focus on Chinese, Malay, and either Hindi or Telugu. At some point, I would like to swap out Mandarin Chinese for either Hokkien or Cantonese. Eventually, I would also like to try out some other languages.

This log will be an attempt to document my daily language learning activity and a place for any language related musings and fun facts I have as well.
9 x

Bilingual_monoglot
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (n) Tamil (n-heritage) French Esperanto (can talk about language policy/lepak, and nothing else) Hindi (bumbling tourist) Malay (basic conversations) Chinese (introductions and ordering food)

Re: Life and language in transition to adulthood

Postby Bilingual_monoglot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:13 am

Yesterday I watched the first episode of the chinese dub of Death Note and did 5 minutes of drops for Chinese, and nothing else. (My current focus is on the upcoming A Level papers, which means that my language programme is going to be fairly minimalist for now.)
1 x

Bilingual_monoglot
Yellow Belt

Re: Life and language in transition to adulthood

Postby Bilingual_monoglot » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:42 am

It appears that we've hit some challenges within the first week. But don't worry my friends, I have still been doing something on a daily basis. I have taken to listening to Warna 94.2 FM to improve my Malay comprehension the advice of my barber, which is certainly an interesting experience, and I have continued with the Chinese dub of death note. Now if only I could post bout this stuff on my log more regularly. Also, inmorder to manage my time well, my languages are mostly on maintenance mode, so I haven't been so much trying to improve as not regress.
2 x

Return to “Language logs”