Jmar257's Language Log (ES, FR, DE) - Super Challenge, Assimil, and more

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
jmar257
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), español (Intermediate), français (Lower Intermediate), deutsch (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=15645

Re: Jmar257's Language Log (ES, FR, DE) - Super Challenge, Assimil, and more

Postby jmar257 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:39 pm

ES: Finished El Camino Difícil, going to return to Historia de la lengua española and the French books. On a whim started casually reading through lessons of Spanish Without Toil, solely because I've heard how good of a course it is and wanted to see. Read lessons 1-8 yesterday and quite enjoyed it, and boy does it start off heavy for someone who would never have seen Spanish. Also my pdf version has brown pages and not too high a resolution so it's tough on the eyes. Going to do the same for French Without Toil.

FR: Bit of a delay but I finally finished Lupin, just in time for Part 2 to come out this Friday. Looking forward to it

DE: Did lesson 20 of Assimil GWE this morning, tomorrow is a review lesson plus reading over (and listening) to 15-20. I've inputted (but not seen all) up to lesson 18 into Anki. Started GWOT, but have only gotten through the first lesson and put it into Anki, which of course didn't take long.
4 x
Feel free to give me corrections in any of my target languages!

jmar257
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), español (Intermediate), français (Lower Intermediate), deutsch (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=15645

Re: Jmar257's Language Log (ES, FR, DE) - Super Challenge, Assimil, and more

Postby jmar257 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Not a ton to update this go-around. I haven't really been reading a ton, for whatever reason after blasting through El Camino Difícil I just haven't been feeling it. Whereas in the past I'd force myself to anyway, I've gotten to the point where I just roll with it--the desire will return, and I'm enjoying being more active and working out more lately (probably due to the nice weather). The upside is we're now back in the office one day a week, so I've been getting a ton of listening done that day and should be catching up on my SCs on that front.

DE: Only real specific language update. I did lesson 25 of GWE this morning, officially a quarter of the way through the passive wave, and it was pretty tough compared to some of the previous ones. I'll definitely be going back and reviewing this one. Also, another downside, the audio I have for this course is missing lessons 23-26 and I'm not sure why, nor have I been able to find the missing ones online. I just glanced at the calendar out of curiosity, and according to this very log I started German with Ease 26 days ago--and I'm on lesson 25. Not too bad considering I've been out of town a couple of weekends between and will be busy this weekend and not doing any courses. Mildly annoying considering the good start I had to give myself wiggle room, but then again life is to be lived and who cares if I finish the course a few weeks later? It's not like I have an exam planned or anything. As for GWOT, I'm on lesson 9. Still quite easy, I've just been slacking on doing these during the day when working from home (because I've been actually doing work, the horror). That said, the lag on this (and on typing GWE lessons into Anki--I've done through 19) will only serve as extra reviews.

All in all, life ain't too bad. I wish I had more time for languages, but sometimes things fall by the wayside temporarily. The fact that I still get an Assimil lesson done first thing keeps me moving a bit, however. I'm going to go for a run.
7 x
Feel free to give me corrections in any of my target languages!

Return to “Language logs”