Arnaud's lazy log (Russian & co)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Arnaud
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: French
Intermediate: English, Russian, Italian
Tourist : Breton, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, Latin
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=1524

Re: Arnaud's lazy log (Russian & co)

Postby Arnaud » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Немного по-русски, извините заранее за ошибки. ;)
Сейчас, я слушаю интервью Познера на Ютубе. Одно из них было с Алексеем Леоновым, бывшим космонавтом, первым человеком вылетевшим в открытый космос. Они говорили о фильме "Время первых", который рассказывает о приключениях Леонова и его друзей. Из любопытства, я посмотрел фильм и мне его понравился, даже если это не нетленный шедевр. Интересно что в течение этой миссии, все произошло не так (типа Apollo 13), и только им спасли их сообразительность и смелость. Я не понял все диалоги, по-этому я тоже прочел статью на Википедии о космическом корабле Восход-2, как он построен и почему были так много проблем в течение полета. Я был рад открыть что я почти все понял в этой стати, было только десять или пятнадцать неизвестных слов.
Вообще я стараюсь писать на русском чаще, но редко публикую.
10 x

Arnaud
Blue Belt

Postby Arnaud » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Arnaud wrote:Jan 2018: I've done the vocabulary test given by Xmmm : https://www.arealme.com/russian-vocabul ... e-test/en/
Result: 5840, Top 48.60% , Your vocabulary size is like that of a 10-year-old child in Russia.

Long time, no see...
Well, you know, viruses, boredom, lockdown...: I was reading again a part of my old log and I stumbled upon the quoted message above.
I've taken the little test again after two and half years and I'm proud to say that I've grown up pretty quickly :lol:. I'm now 14 years old !!
Result : 10087 ★★ Top 39.83% Your vocabulary size is like that of a 14-year-old teenager in Russia.
I think it's the result of trying to read russian literature for the Super Challenge: I didn't read one complete book, but read a few pages of a lot of books. The result is that I've added all kinds of rare words to my vocabulary. I'm afraid the production side didn't improve: I speak to noone in russian, I don't write anymore, so it's a slow decay.

Otherwise, I'm still studying a little Chinese: Assimil and HelloChinese, but I don't progress much. It's just "like that", to maintain the flame: I don't want to give up completly on language learning.
Russian is currently on stand-by, I'm going to register to the next Super Challenge, but due to external circumstances, I already know it's going to be difficult. Let's say if I can read 3 to 5 russian (real paper) books, I'll be satisfied.
Thanks for reading me and I hope everybody's doing well in these strange times...
7 x

Arnaud
Blue Belt

Postby Arnaud » Mon May 11, 2020 8:16 pm

In this post, I'll log my progress in the Super Challenge 2020-2021 and update the little graphic bar that is supposed to progress toward 5000 or 10000 pages. The books are mainly choosen for their easiness.
I usually read several books at the same time, so don't be surprised to see several titles with a few pages read :roll:

Books: Title - author - read/total number of pages - genre - date of reading(start->finish) - number and % of unknown words if read intensively

Вонгозеро - Яна Вагнер (49/438 pages) Sci-Fi (06.05.2020->) ()
Эксклюзивный грех - Анна и Сергей Литвиновы (20/340 pages) Detective (15.05.2020->) ()
Голова профессора Доуэля - Александр Беляев : Sci-Fi (11.2020) 140p (second reading)

Russian pages read: 209 / 5000 209/5000
2 x

MarsMannetje
Languages: English, Dutch, French, Latin (C2)
Ancient Greek, German, Italian (C1)
Modern Greek (B2)
Persian (B1)

Postby MarsMannetje » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:58 am

Hi Arnaud,

Do you happen to know where one can find the audio of the 1973 Russian Assimil edition?
0 x

Aloyse
Orange Belt
Languages: Fr (N), EN (C1),
ES (B1?), ZH (B1),
JP (A1), ARB (A1?),
ARQ (A0), KAB (A0)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... php?t=9983

Postby Aloyse » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:09 am

MarsMannetje wrote:Hi Arnaud,

Do you happen to know where one can find the audio of the 1973 Russian Assimil edition?

A search on leboncoin yields the following (apprently 1971, not sure how it differs from the 1973 one)
https://www.leboncoin.fr/livres/2109335882.htm
0 x
Future me already did it.

Return to “Language logs”