Deutsch and magyar

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Dagane
Orange Belt
Languages: I regularly use:
Spanish (N)
English (C2)
German (C1+)
Hungarian (A2?)

I formerly studied:
Galician (B2?)
Dutch (A1)
Czech (A0)
Portuguese (A2?)
French (A1?)

Re: Deutsch and magyar

Postby Dagane » Fri May 27, 2022 4:39 pm

en

Quite a few months have passed since I last reported on my learning. At this stage I should probably speak of maintenance rather than learning. The latter is stalled... but it won't be for long. More about that below.

I mentioned my fixation on writing. Well, I won an international poetry competition in Spanish and the organisers subsequently published my first book. I am thrilled! I continue to write and this is still my main goal for the year.

Nothing to report on German. I feel comfortable using the spoken language once or twice a week and I consume literature and films on occasion, albeit I fail to emotionally engage with German fiction in the way I believe I should. I may simply be missing out on the right works for me.

I keep going with Hungarian. I can't say I "study" it as I have not hit the books since at least a year ago, but I keep practising it weekly with my Polyglot Conference crowd and listening to the radio very often. I believe I am improving slowly. Now, I plan to dedicate 1 or 2 weeks to study Hungarian more intensely at the start of the summer, including finishing all FSI lessons and a lot of reading. I'll report on that.

This May I felt the urge of learning a new language again: French. But I am refraining myself because I don't think I can dedicate enough time to it at the moment.

This is all for now. I hope everybody is having a good learning time!
4 x

Dagane
Orange Belt
Languages: I regularly use:
Spanish (N)
English (C2)
German (C1+)
Hungarian (A2?)

I formerly studied:
Galician (B2?)
Dutch (A1)
Czech (A0)
Portuguese (A2?)
French (A1?)

Re: Deutsch and magyar

Postby Dagane » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:47 pm

de

Lange habe ich mich beschwert darüber, kein spannendes Buch auf Deutsch zu finden. Alles, die ich während der Pandemie gelesen habe, waren ein bisschen zu trocken oder zu seriös. Mindestens hatte ich das Gefühl, dass ich ihnen einfach verstehen konnte, ohne sie zu genießen.

Jetzt lese ich "Die besten deutschen Erzählungen", ausgewählt von Marcel Reich-Ranicki. Dieses Buch genieße ich doch. Die meisten Erzählungen finde ich entweder klug oder witzig und ich kann endlich wieder sagen, dass ich ein deutsches Buch empfehle.
4 x

Return to “Language logs”