Mostly Mandarin

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Dani
White Belt
Languages: Studies: Chinese (B1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1457

Re: Mostly Mandarin

Postby Dani » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:11 am

Yesterday I listened to a podcast (原來是這樣) about why the night sky is black and I am happy to say that I apart from a couple of words that escaped me I understood everything. I also understood the meaning (and characters) of 大氣層 from context. To reinforce some of it I read these two easy articles. I think the podcast is a good level for me to listen to before going to sleep as it's easy to understand. I would guess the topic and with it the vocabulary is going to be what decides whether I find it easy or not.

One of the things I wanted to do is experiment with strategies for productivity, because I have no idea what works for me and what doesn't. I guess I have never been a particularly productive person.
I'm going to set some goals for the next week and see if that works. (I'm super lazy..)

Chinese:
  • read 50 pages of 藍鯨志
  • clear the Anki backlog caused by the exams
  • write two things for lang8
  • watch 5 hours of something
  • have at least two hours worth of conversation(s)

Japanese:
  • finish the JapanesePod Absolute Beginner level
  • practice handwriting Kana
0 x
Corrections are always welcome!

Writing
● Speaking
: 0 / 75000
: 9 / 3000 min
● Reading
● Watching
: 25 / 10000 pages
: 0 / 0 min

Dani
White Belt
Languages: Studies: Chinese (B1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1457

Re: Mostly Mandarin

Postby Dani » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:00 pm

Well, that was a long and completely unplanned break.. I guess that's what happens once I have a plan in place and think I'll stick to it. I don't.
I did work in my Chinese while I was gone, but much less than I wanted. I read s lot of comics.

I still really want to participate in the Super Challenge and am relieved to see that the start was May and not February, as I has thought, so catching up is still possible. I haven't registered yet, so we'll see.
1 x
Corrections are always welcome!

Writing
● Speaking
: 0 / 75000
: 9 / 3000 min
● Reading
● Watching
: 25 / 10000 pages
: 0 / 0 min

Return to “Language logs”