Matilda's French Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Re: Matilda's French Log

Postby PeterMollenburg » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:40 am

I'm not really sure why I haven't noticed your log before Mathilda, but it looks as though you've been making excellent progress! Keep up the great work!
1 x

Miss_French_2020
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (Native), French (B1-ish)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 57#p165355

Postby Miss_French_2020 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:45 am

PeterMollenburg wrote:I'm not really sure why I haven't noticed your log before Mathilda, but it looks as though you've been making excellent progress! Keep up the great work!

Thank you Peter!
1 x
Double Super Challenge Books: 5302 / 10000 Film: 8416 / 18000

Miss_French_2020
Yellow Belt

Postby Miss_French_2020 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:59 am

Update - past 3 weeks
I haven't been studying French as much as I'd like so I haven't been progressing, only maintaining. I've been focusing on some other hobbies lately which have taken up a lot of my free time, but I know I've also been consuming a fair bit of related English content so I need to try to switch a lot of that to French. I don't think I'll make B2 by October if I continue like I had this month, so I'll aim to find ways to fit in more French this month.
Speaking:
1 lesson per week.
Listening
"Métamorphose, éveille ta conscience !”, “Le Téléphone sonne”
Reading:
Finished reading “Métaphysique des tubes” by Amélie Nothomb (99 pages). It was really not my cup of tea. Even though it’s so short, it took me months to finish. I thought I'd give Nothomb another try so I started “Stupeur et tremblements” which so far I’m enjoying more, but it's still not really grabbing me so I think this will be the last of hers I read.
Writing/Study/Exercises etc
Wrote a 2 page journal entry.
Goals
I completed 3 out of my 6 previous goals:
[X] 1 short piece of writing.
[-] 1 study session, e.g. Grammaire Progressive etc
[-] Use my 10 free monthly tests on Kwiziq.
[X] Create a structure for a monologue (~3mins). Prepare and practice two B1 monologues.
[X] Finish reading “Métaphysique des tubes”.
[-] 56 hours studied (2 hours per day average)

Goals for next week:
1 study session
Prepare 1 x B1 monologue suivi for my italki lesson.
Finish reading “Stupeur et tremblements”.
2 hours per day (62 hours)

February
Total Hours = 40 hrs.
MonthlyHours_feb2021.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x

Miss_French_2020
Yellow Belt

Postby Miss_French_2020 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:04 am

Update:
I’ve done pretty much nothing for the past couple of months as I had a change of direction in my personal life and haven’t had time for French. I’ll have to put off the Delf B2 exam for now to maybe next year.
This week I’ve started having a little of free time again so I’ve restarted with French. I’ve had 2 italki lessons with my tutor so far. Definitely felt shaky but my tutor said I’m still able to get my point across and my grammar and pronunciation is still ok and that I just need to get used to speaking again. I’ve booked 2 half hour lessons each week for this month.
I’ve also started re-listening to the audiobook of “Sapiens” and bought the ebook.

Total hours to the end of May:
HRS_total_endmay2021.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

Return to “Language logs”