Polyglot Conference 2015 NYC

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Meramarina
Orange Belt

Polyglot Conference 2015 NYC

Postby Meramarina » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:08 pm

I am getting ready for my second major language adventure this year--the Polyglot Conference this weekend in New York City! The Berlin Gathering was fantastic, and this one will be, too. I'll keep a short-term log here to document the goings-on.

Some language nerds have already arrived in NYC and are on the loose!

First of all, is anyone else here attending the event?
4 x

Meramarina
Orange Belt

Re: Polyglot Conference 2015 NYC

Postby Meramarina » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 pm

On behalf of the HTLAL community and this forum, I'm going to use the HTLALnews twitter account to report on the exciting events (though I won't make it to all of them). We'll need to have some kind of social media strategy/presence at some point, and this is a chance to learn and to have you all come along, if you'd like to follow! Besides, when have we had any good HTLAL news lately? :) Just be patient with my poor tweeting skills!
0 x

Meramarina
Orange Belt

Re: Polyglot Conference 2015 NYC

Postby Meramarina » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:56 am

Sadly, this is not going to happen for me. My train route was cancelled indefinitely due to infrastructure damage from the recent flooding, last-minute flights are limited and far too expensive, and the bus takes 15-18 hours and there are no stations nearby.

So there won't be any conference tweeting. We should, though, work on a way to use that account. Something to think about.
0 x

Return to “Language logs”