Week #7: Feb 12-18ITALIAN:Cumulative Italian pages read: 1,735
Goal: 700 pagesBooks Completed:
1) 50 pgs: Un Diario di una Schiappa (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) #1 - reread
2) 50 pgs: Un Diario di una Schiappa (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) #3 Ora Basta!
3) 257 pgs: Noi Siamo Infinito (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) - reread
4) 296 pgs: La Ragazza Del Treno (The Girl on the Train) - R-L w/ audiobook+parallel text
5) 297 pgs: Cercando Alaska (Looking for Alaska) - w/ parallel text
6) 234 pgs: Molto Forte Incredibilmente Vicino (Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close) - reread
7) 188 pgs: Un Italiano in America - w/parallel text
8) 337 pgs: Colpa delle stelle (The Fault in our Stars) R-L w/ audiobook+parallel textBooks in Progress:
-Lo Strano Caso Del Cane Ucciso a Mezzanotte (read 26 pages)Written: 7,030 Words
Goal: 7,000 Words
This week's book was emotionally brutal. It was very well written, so no complaints there. It was essentially a love story. The narrator is a girl with cancer who is sort of in remission, though she's halfway between the living and dead. She's connected to an oxygen tank, and is constantly having issues with her lungs filling with fluid and not being able to breath. She falls in love with a boy who lost his leg to cancer. There's an amazing adventure and a lot of philosophizing, and some very intense slow motion death. Since both I and my husband have unpredictable chronic health issues, this book felt a little too relatable. I was pretty much crying the entire time I was reading, which was not only inconvenient (I had to schedule my reading time based on when I didn't have video conferences for work, etc...) but it also made me feel really depressed the entire week. I highly recommend this book as long as you aren't a cry baby like me! POLISH:Cumulative Polish pages read: 159Books Completed:
1) 50 pgs: Dziennik Cwaniaczka (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) #1 - R-L with audiobook + w/parallel text (3x)
I finally got a few of the English versions of books in the series I'm reading, and last night I bought 2 more audiobooks in Polish. I've been doing mostly just Polish with John
podcasts this week, but now that I've got my book materials ready to go, I'm hoping to get back to reading.
My Polish LE are really weird; I can understand almost everything my partner says, but I have to rely on GT to figure out how to say anything; I can't come up with more than 1 or 2 words. Forget about full sentences. I wasn't this bad even when I first starting speaking Polish, so my regression is quite impressive.LATIN:
I've been using Cambridge Latin decks on Memrise to review throughout the week. At this point, I am only using Memrise for Latin review, and for that I think it's not a waste of time. This week I hope to finish the last bits of Chapter 14 and do some scriptorium.