Vogeltje (wise owl chick, jar-ptitsa, kuikentje) log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Re: Vogeltje (wise owl chick, jar-ptitsa, kuikentje) log

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Nothing interesting to say, so here's a nice picture

I'm really stressed, and can't relax when a certain person moans and tells me off like criticising all the time. I thought he had shut up but he didn't. there's just no point.

apart from that lunch was nice, my boyfriend and I were in a café and i had fish and chips, and I was surprised that the chips were crispy like in Belgium, which is good becuase mostly the English fish is delicious, but the chips are not. I wanted to ask for a different vegetable instead of mushy peas, but then when we have ordered I felt too shy and so I got mushy peas which I don't like. nevermind, the fish and chips were good. they gave my dog some food, actually, if I didn't want to buy dog food, I could go to a café every day and he could eat there becuase they give him so much dog food and biscuits.

If someone read this in another country, you can say if you can take your dogs to the café and shops. I'd like to know how dog-freidnly the different countries are.
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Postby PeterMollenburg » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:22 pm

vogeltje wrote:Nothing interesting to say, so here's a nice picture

I'm really stressed, and can't relax when a certain person moans and tells me off like criticising all the time. I thought he had shut up but he didn't. there's just no point.

apart from that lunch was nice, my boyfriend and I were in a café and i had fish and chips, and I was surprised that the chips were crispy like in Belgium, which is good becuase mostly the English fish is delicious, but the chips are not. I wanted to ask for a different vegetable instead of mushy peas, but then when we have ordered I felt too shy and so I got mushy peas which I don't like. nevermind, the fish and chips were good. they gave my dog some food, actually, if I didn't want to buy dog food, I could go to a café every day and he could eat there becuase they give him so much dog food and biscuits.

If someone read this in another country, you can say if you can take your dogs to the café and shops. I'd like to know how dog-freidnly the different countries are.

Ici en Australie la loi est stricte. On ne doit pas laisser les chiens entrer dans les magasins, les cafés ou les restaurants. Mais quelquefois il y aura un café dans un quartier un peu chic ou assez détendu, ou on peut lassier entrer notre chien. La loi est stricte mais des exceptions augmentent un ces jours-ci.

Quant à l'individu qui semble aimer te critiquer tout le temps, je ne sais pas quoi dire... Passe en silence? Évite-le.. je ne sais pas exactement, mais avec quelqu'un que je connais qui fait ça aussi souvent, quand elle dit telles choses, je lui dis quelque chose de plus positif, au contraire, à l'opposé de ce qu'elle viendrait de dire, quelque chose qui la laisse peut-être (j'espère) réfléchir un peu, de voir des choses d'une autre perspective. Bonne chance !
2 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:39 am

Dankjewel PeterMollenberg voor jouw antwoord en suggesties. ik zal in de komende dagen daarop antwoorden. Eerlijk gezegd voel ik me niet geweldig vandaag, dus nu even niet.

groetjes
1 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Postby PeterMollenburg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:16 am

vogeltje wrote:Dankjewel PeterMollenberg voor jouw antwoord en suggesties. ik zal in de komende dagen daarop antwoorden. Eerlijk gezegd voel ik me niet geweldig vandaag, dus nu even niet.

groetjes

Entonces, hasta la próxima vez. Y espero que te sientes mejor ahora ;)
1 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 am

PeterMollenburg wrote:
vogeltje wrote:Dankjewel PeterMollenberg voor jouw antwoord en suggesties. ik zal in de komende dagen daarop antwoorden. Eerlijk gezegd voel ik me niet geweldig vandaag, dus nu even niet.

groetjes

Entonces, hasta la próxima vez. Y espero que te sientes mejor ahora ;)

Vielen Dank :) Mejor que ayer, si. Ich kann mit Stress gar nicht gut umgehen. vandaag gaat het toch een beetje beter so I will reply now. I hope that you are ok, and your wife and daughter.

PeterMollenburg wrote:Ici en Australie la loi est stricte. On ne doit pas laisser les chiens entrer dans les magasins, les cafés ou les restaurants. Mais quelquefois il y aura un café dans un quartier un peu chic ou assez détendu, ou on peut lassier entrer notre chien. La loi est stricte mais des exceptions augmentent un ces jours-ci.

What a pity!!! In my opinion the cafés and restaurants and shops must welcome the dogs. France is great, better than Belgium for the dogs. When we were in France the people were kind to my dog and he was always welcome. In belgium it's mixed, and in England as well, you can find places where they are freidnly with dogs, but others who are not at all.

PM wrote:Quant à l'individu qui semble aimer te critiquer tout le temps, je ne sais pas quoi dire... Passe en silence? Évite-le.. je ne sais pas exactement, mais avec quelqu'un que je connais qui fait ça aussi souvent, quand elle dit telles choses, je lui dis quelque chose de plus positif, au contraire, à l'opposé de ce qu'elle viendrait de dire, quelque chose qui la laisse peut-être (j'espère) réfléchir un peu, de voir des choses d'une autre perspective. Bonne chance !

Dankjewel voor dit, zeker heel goed advies. ik heb meermals goede advies gekregen en gisteren zei mijn vriend ook dat ik zou kunnen proberen om gewoon niks terug te zeggen en dat het dan misschien ophoudt of tenminste midner wordt. het is helaas niet tegen de wet. wat ook stressig is dat hij altijd spreekt alsof hij de grootste alleswetende is van de hele wereld, ook dat ie een lijst geeft zoals "punt 1....punt 2," of "teneerste.... tentweede ...enz" en nooit iets positiefs. je moet kritiek namelijk met iets positiefs beginnen en dan pas de negatieve aangeven, maar dat heeft ie duidelijk niet geleerd of het interessert hem ook niks.

My dog is so cute with the little dogs, they can jump and put their paws in his face and he doesn't mind.
1 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:08 pm

no conservative orhtodox behaviour in my log please.
Thank you

GAME

Recognise the language. YOu listen to a person and name the language from a list of multiple choice answers.

My score: 300 points

https://greatlanguagegame.com/play/
Last edited by Jar-Ptitsa on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 pm

The second time I played the game I got 800 points, which is a big difference, of course.
0 x

Return to “Language logs”