A new year. A better year? We'll see.
Changes for me for 2021:
1. The 30-minutes a day for the 365 Challenge is an emergency total. Like when desperately ill or something. My basic minimum is now 60 minutes and my daily goal is 3 hours. According to FSI, this will get me fluent (if used wisely) in 1.25 years. Since I already have some German, and I'm not trying for total fluency, this should work.
2. Tuesdays and Thursdays will continue to be my "short" days, due to my work schedule. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays will be my long days, with 3 hours minimum.
3. Yes, I will read every day. Bilingual, German only, my puzzle books. Doesn't matter.
4. I keep dancing around this idea of using German in my daily life--which I should have been doing from Day 1. All the books/websites seem to consider "daily life" as meeting friends in cafes and ordering in restaurants. Apparently, I'm super boring, because my daily life centers around financial analysis, hobbies and my dogs. So I need to make to make scripts of what I really talk about. How many times have I said that? 12 million. I have a deadline of this Sunday for my first 3 scripts.
5. USE IT. Stop reading Facebook posts and thinking--"I could answer that." Actually answer that. If I get it wrong--well, people with native English post horribly spelled, no-actual-grammar posts every day on Facebook and no one bats an eye. Post. Get laughed at. Move on. Make 2 posts by Sunday, then figure out a goal.
Enough for now. I'll see how it's shaking out on Sunday.
2021 365 Challenge German: 2020 366 Challenge German and Spanish: Super Challenge German Films: Super Challenge German Books: