Reading French

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
an onyme
Yellow Belt
Languages: American (N); le franc,ais (B1-C1); 한구거 (B1); 忠文 (A2), ዓማርኛ (A1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=15312

Re: Reading French

Postby an onyme » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:43 am

Divining the meaning of an unknown word correctly is a great feeling! It never gets old and gets easier over time. Just wait until you start producing new words correctly that you've never seen before using productivity, that is cool too.
2 x
Just your friendly neighbourhood onyme

ロータス
Blue Belt
Languages: None

Postby ロータス » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:09 pm

8 June 19
Chapitre 11 of Le Français par la « méthode nature » + les exercices + le résumé
Took notes on verb tenses
Chapitre 12 of Le Français par la « méthode nature »

• Now that I have a verb cheat sheet in my notebook, I hope that I will get more used to FR verb tenses the more I look over it
  • Ch 11's résumé was really helpful because it went over 'na...pas/ne...que/ne...plus/ne...nir...nir and ne...pas encore'
  • Started reading Korean again
3 x

MorkTheFiddle
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek, aiming for mastery by 2424. Studying a bit of Latin and Japanese. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:04 pm

ロータス wrote:8 June 19
Chapitre 11 of Le Français par la « méthode nature » + les exercices + le résumé
Took notes on verb tenses
Chapitre 12 of Le Français par la « méthode nature »

• Now that I have a verb cheat sheet in my notebook, I hope that I will get more used to FR verb tenses the more I look over it
  • Ch 11's résumé was really helpful because it went over 'na...pas/ne...que/ne...plus/ne...nir...nir and ne...pas encore'
  • Started reading Korean again

Whether or not you like or use Memrise, you may profit from a course that member Cavesa made for Memrise: https://www.memrise.com/course/738096/conjugaison-francaise-complete/. (Funnily enough, I just recommended it to another member here.) I myself have not worked through the whole course, I don't have the energy for it, but I have done enough of it that I wished I had something like that when I started studying French. YMMV, of course. :)
2 x
Tu sabes cuando sales pero no sabes cuando regresas.

ロータス
Blue Belt

Postby ロータス » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:26 pm

11 June 19
Chapitre 12 of Le Français par la « méthode nature » + les exercices + le résumé

Notes
  • Finally finished all of Ch12 and finally done with Yvonne's birthday x.x It has been going on for like five chapters lol
2 x

ロータス
Blue Belt

Postby ロータス » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:49 pm

16 Jun 19
Chapitre 13 of Le Français par la « méthode nature » + le résumé
Chapitre 14 of Le Français par la « méthode nature »

Notes
  • Still here, was busy with a week of nothing but briefings and applying to colleges x.x
  • Didn't do the exercices for Ch13 and don't know if I will for ch 14. My mindset is just on reading right now.
  • I think when I finish Ch25, I will take the Dialang and start doing Assimil again.
  • Been thinking about my forever languages this week and JP might make a come back but I'm telling myself that I won't pick it up unless either KR or ZH is B2 xP
3 x

Return to “Language logs”