Iversen's second multiconfused log thread

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Re: Iversen's second multiconfused log thread

Postby Iversen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:43 pm

AF: Ek het nie lank in Afrikaans geskryf nie en dit is nie OK nie, so vanmiddag het ek vir 'n paar uur na die eene YouTube-video na die ander geluister. Op die oomblik is dit Chris Banda wat 'n graptekening interpreteer (sien hieronder) en voorheen was daar 'n paar onderhoude met Steve Hofmeyr (3,4), wat 'n sanger is en waarskynlik as omstrede beskou word omdat hy Suid-Afrika se ou volkslied in die openbaar gesing het - maar ek luister na wat ek moet verstaan van wat hy sê, en ek versook nie 'n kommentaar op sy standpunte te lewer nie (en dit kan ook lelike dinge oor persone uit ander segmente gezê word). Maar voor dit het ek geluister na 'n vraaggesprek met prof. Wannie Carstens met 'n baie relevante tema, naamlik: Hoe staat het met het Afrikaans? En die antwoord is dat dit onder druk is.

Daar is steeds 3-4 miljoen inheemse sprekers, maar dit word verplaas ind die skole (en veral aan die universiteite) van Engels, en in die hofsaal word net 5% van die sake in Afrikaans onderhandel. Een van die probleme is dat daar so 'n dosyn amptelike tale in Suid-Afrika is, en Afrikaans word nou in lyn met die ander 'tweede orde' nasionale tale behandel. Dit is so: Engels geword vir alle ander mense wat in die openbare lewe versamel is die dominante gemeenskaplike taal, terwyl Afrikaans word verplaas na die privaate sfeer (en dit is ook waar in Namibië). Aan die einde van die onderhoud segt die professor dat ter vergelyking Nederlands in die Nederlanden (en Vlaams in die Vlaandere) dominant nog wees, hoewel Engels ok daar die universiteite geïnfekteer het, maar op ander terreine het 't Nederlands nog steeds die voordeel dat hulle die dominante taal is. Dit is soortgelyk aan die situasie in Denemarke, waar Engels ook toenemend in universiteite binnegedring het, maar nog al is dominant buite. 'T word nie gesê nie, maar die skrikwekkende scenario is natuurlik Ierland, waar die moedertaal 'n suiwer 'n nuuskierigheid geword het, maar nie 'n werkbare kommunikasiemiddel gebly is nie.

Op dieselfde vlak my mondelinge Afrikaans is nog baie goed geworden om video's soos dié ofengenoemde te volgen (en verstaan) terwyl ek 'n pizza maak (en eet). En meer as dit ek verlang nie op hierdie punt nie, maar dit is moeilik om taalvaardigheid te oefen van my leunstoel in Denemarke. Dit was inderdaad baie moeilik even in Suid-Afrika en Namibië onder my besoeke daar, omdat ek nie kan sien wie bereid is om met my te kommunikeer in hierdie taal nie.

Chris Banda.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...

Postby Iversen » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:13 pm

I have spent Christmas with my family in an internetless house, and as usual my study activity has been somewhat limited - though n ot totally absent. But I'll return to that. First I would like to mention the one thing that really surprised me this Christmas, namely a TV program in which it was claimed that three precolumbian teeth from a Huron-something tribe with genes representing the haplogroup X24 had been found in the States. Unless this information is false this would have widereaching consequences. Why? Well, because according to the program it is a haplogroup that was found among the Solutrean cavedwellers right after the end of the European Ice age, and according to the program it has NEVER been found in any Asian population, so the owners of the three teeth must have had ancestors that came along the ice fringe across the Atlantic Ocean around 20.000 years ago. The program also emphasized that there are very old and very similar stone tools on both sides of the Atlantic. The normally accepted hypothesis has been that all of the Americas were populated by people crossing the Bering Strait around 14.000 years ago. These invaders have been known as the Clovis people. However some finds from South America have turned out to be even older and the land passage through Alaska didn't exist early enough, so the 'revised standard hypothesis' is now that maybe some tribes travelled along the sea - which presumably presupposes that they had boats since they had to eat things they found in the sea. And if the cave dwellers from Europe ever went to America they must also have had boats.

And as you might expect this hypothesis has been furiously rejected by the proponents of the standard hypothesis. But you have the be wary of false facts and disinformation on both sides. When I searched for more information about the claims of the program I immediately hit upon an article in a British newspaper named the Guardian, which totally rejected the hypothesis. However the author of this article immediately associated the proponents of the theory with some outdated theories according to which ALL American indigenous tribes descended from brave travellers from Europe and then followed this irrelevant claim up with a tirade about the theory's "great popularity among white nationalists, who see it as a means of denying Native Americans an ancestral claim on their land". Further down into the Guardian thing its author has to acknowledge that the scientists in the program stated that the bulk of genetic variations represents the Clovis, whose ancestors came from Asia. But the three Huron teeth still have to be explained so I checked with Eupedia, which found the greatest concentration of matrilinear X-haplogroups in Caucasus and the Middle East and only one percent or so in Western Europe (and Eupedia doesn't mention X24 so maybe my memory has deluded me -it could be X2 with all its subgroups).

As far as I can see the transatlantic hypothesis needs confirmation that the three teeth actually have X2-something genes, AND that only the Solutreans (and their possible ancestors in the Caucasus region or the Middle East) had those genes. It would also be nice to know whether anybody near the Bering Strait OR in Western Europe had boats 20.000 years ago, and whether there was a reasonably stable Ice fringe to follow acrosse the Atlantic, and as a side issue it would also be nice to know what kind of genes the old skulls etc. from South America represent.

It would also be nice if proponents of the total and undisputed supremacy of the Clovis people would refrain from characterizing any doubts about this claim in derogatory terms as racist and unscientific.

OK, languages...

I had brought along a heap of old study printouts, mostly bilingual, but at the end I only reread some Slovak articles, and besides I read a collection of Romanian printouts in the train back home. I'll comment on those later, but right now I would like to mention the user manual for a simple battery driven Christmas star because it was written in English, Danish, Norwegian (Bokmål), Swedish, German, Dutch, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Greek, Bulgarian, Croatian, Slovak, Czech, Polish, Ukranian, Russian, Turkish, Finnish, Hungarian and Albanian. So now I have to ask: why not in Basque too?

Kunst003.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:18 pm

OK, time to write something about my Romanian collection of popular scientific texts from descopera.ro (which has become my main source of texts in Romanian).

RO: În colecția mea de texte de descoperă am adăugat doar traduceri de mașini în prima jumătate a colecției, dar nu și la ultimele articole - și se pare că le pot citi fără ajutor, așa că probabil voi înceta să folosesc printuri bilingve pentru aceasta limbă.

Este mai multe texte despre energia neagră și materia neagră în antologia, iar acei cititorii care au urmat acest fiu de mult timp au desigur văzut deja comentarii cu privire la ambele subiecte. Cu toate acestea, aș dori să menționez un articol care spune că cercetători chinezi s-au întrebat despre o scădere accentuată a numărului de electroni de energie foarte mare care au lovit un satelit numit Wukong (sau DAMPE). Ceva trebuie să le absoarbă și, în absența unor ipoteze bune, cercetători au considerat idea ce electronii au fost sufocate în materie întunecată. Poate, dar nu înțeleg argumentul. Nu ne-au spus oamenii de știință că materia obișnuită nu interacționează de loc cu materia întunecată?

În urma acestui articol, articolele urmează fără traducere și acesti nu l-am comentat încă. Două dintre ele se ocupă de posibilitatea unei a cincea forță fundamentală (în plus de forțele nucleare puternică și slabă, gravitatea și electromagnetismul). Se pare rezonabil, în avans, că materia neagră are propria sa putere cu particula sa proprie de interacțiune - care nu poate fi văzută sau măsurată direct pentru că nu interacționează cu particulele obișnuite - numai cu gravitate. Preliminar totul aceea apar ca fantezie. Un alt articol sugerează că unele stele foarte devreme și foarte clare au recuperat energia din materia neagră, probabil prin efecte gravitaționale. Și în cele din urmă, am găsit un mesaj despre o stea uriașă (diametru de 3000 de ori al diametru soarelui) care ameninț să explodează. Asemenea stele trăiesc doar câțiva milioane de ani, deci e evident că trebuie reînnoite tot timpul. De unde primesc astfel de cantități de materie stelar?

Astronomi.jpg
1 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:57 pm

I may not have mentioned it yet, but when I had my 65. birthday earlier this month I reached the age that most institutions here in Denmark have defined as the golden gate of true seniority - so this afternoon I travelled for the first time on a special pass offering public transport to senior citizens in my city. It only costs half of the normal price and gives access to 13 zones against 2 for my previous pass, but the downside is that it can't be used between 7:00-9:30 and 15:00-17:00. Why do I mention this? Well, mostly because I spent two hours in the main library between 3 and 5 o'clock today reading a book in Danish. Before I got reinfected by the language learning bacterium I read lots of books in Danish, but nowadays I mostly read shorter things and (apart from newspapers) mostly stuff in other languages.

This particular book (by Ole Kyed) told about the hard lives of gifted children in a school system that mainly caters for those in the middle of the scale and saves its special programs for kids with learning difficulties and psychiatric disorders. Personally I solved the problem by discovering that you can teach yourself, and that has been my receipe ever since my childhood, and by and large my teachers accepted the situation. But it seems that many parents are baffled as to why their children underperform or show asocial behaviours in school, and one good reason for that could be that they have teachers that seriously believe that all kids have the same aptitude for learning, and that one size fits all. I was lucky not to be bullied by my teachers, but I also knew that it was better not to bother them too much with questions.

I also have to acknowledge the patience and flexibility of the librarians who were faced with a weird kid that wanted to borrow all the catalogues for vertebrates of the Natural History in London on his mother's library card because you had to be 13 years old to borrow things in the grown-up library and I couldn't get the librarians in the kids' library to order them home from London. But I really needed those books to get on with my studies of zoological nomenclature, and I also started out learning Latin in order to understand the scientific names of the animals. However it took a visit to my doctor to realize that not all scientific names are Latin. I had found out that all animals named "something erythrogaster" had red bellies and all those named "something leucogaster" had white bellies, but I couldn't find any of those words in the Latin dictionaries at the library, and it was only because my doctor knew that the name "gastritis" for a stomach illness was Greek and not Latin that the problem finally was solved - although not completely, since I still couldn't read the Greek letters.

Later on I proceeded to other sciences, including mathematics, and I also added Spanish and Italian to my home studies. But again: the key to survive in the school system is to learn to entertain yourself and let the teachers do their thing without becoming too absorbed in their antics.

Speaking of Greek,

GR: Αναφέρω τα ρουμανικά άρθρα μου σχετικά με τη σκοτεινή ύλη και ενέργεια. Για τη ανάγνωση μου της νύχτας χθες επαναχρησιμοποίησα κάποια άρθρα στα ελληνικά για τa ίδιa θέματa. Το πλεονέκτημα της αναδιατύπωσης των χρησιμοποιημένων αντικειμένων είναι ότι δεν χρειάζομαι να κοιτάω τα πράγματα σε ένα λεξικό και ότι έχω την εντύπωση ότι είμαι ήδη ένας ευφραδής αναγνώστης της ελληνικής - και αυτό είναι ένα ωραίο συναίσθημα (παρόλο κάπως υπερβολική).

Kunst011.JPG
2 x

Cellar Door
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Afrikaans (B1), Spanish (B1), Italian (A1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=8801

Postby Cellar Door » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:20 am

*Sigh

I've been learning Afrikaans for months and can only get about 50-60% of what you said. I wish there was more good bilingual material.

Ek wil nie kla nie maar ek's jaloers
0 x
Books in process: Harry Potter en die Orde van die Feniks

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:47 am

AF: Miskien net daardie 50-60% van my rant in Afrikaans is korrek ...

DU: Maar het heeft me ook wel geholpen dat ik al een klein beetje Nederlands kende (hoewil dat een ander probleem toevoegt: het definiëren van een grens tussen Nederlands en Afrikaans).

Kunst171.JPG

... and just before I reopened LLORG (and btw. saw the ominous captcha thing again!) I spent my time on a wordlist with with some 180 words in Greek, including all the new words from my old articles about dark energy and dark matter. And by pure coincidence my TV has shown a program about the same topics to entertain me while I did the wordlist. And I have also had about 1½ hour of guitar music by señor Barrios y Mangoré running on my computer in case I should feel bored and understimulated. Right now I intend to return to my wordlists.
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:04 pm

.. and I did in fact return to my Greek wordlists, where I added 180 more words to the collection. I ought to revise them today, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Yesterday evening was also busy after closing hours. First I read a text in New Norwegian in my bed and then one in Low German, and then I slept like a stone from around 2:30. I haven't put any of these languages on my list spoken languages, but I can read them with no problems at all. I do have dictionaries for Low German, but the one that follows the Sass conventions in quite small and lacks essential words, and the other one (by Renate Herrmann-Winter) refers to another dialect than the one 'in principle' spoken in the area that is closest to me, Schleswig-Holstein. I write 'in principle' because with one exception I have NEVER heard heard anybody speak Low German in the streets there, and when I finally met a Plattschnacker in Niebüll (in the Friesiesch Museum) I was not prepared and couldn't suddenly switch from High to Low German. I may have first to read some Ina Müller (who is an entertaining writer and passable singer in Low German, but unerträglich in High German!) and then maybe listen to the one and only tape I have got from the old Talk op Platt days .. although the last programs mostly told about humble peat digging operations in the darkest Northern countryside - probably because that's how modern Germans see Low German and the speakers thereof. ... and then I'd return to Niebüll to see whether the same elderly gentleman still is on duty there.

As for Norwegian I certainly would be able to pick up and imitate some aspects of the pronunciation of one of its dialects if I didn't hear anything else for a week or so, but instead I hear voices on NRK speaking all kinds of dialects, and when it comes to writing I still haven't got a good something -> Nynorsk dictionary. There is a project on the internet here, but it lacks most of the vocabulary, and as in the case with "fiasko" it sometimes just will 'translate' bokmål into bokmål (because nobody told it what the translation into New Norwegian would be). To compose the text below I tested some dubious words by looking "korleis" + the word in question up in Google (because the use of "korleis" would exclude pure bokmål pages), and I checked others against the venerable old, but also somewhat outdated New Norwegian dictionary by the old man Ivar Asen himself, but that's only possible if I have a valid hypothesis to test. In short, it is a problem writing in New Norwegian - and I don't like Bokmål because it looks like misspelt Danish.

But just to illustrate my good will (and stubbornness) here are a couple of my writing exercises in the two languages:

NO: Eg har i dag lest ei tekst af Are Kalvø med overskrifta "korleis kan vi bli kvitt bokmålet?", kvar Kalvø leker komiske Ali og føreser nynorsken sin snarlika seger med argumenter såsom att opplesaren på NRK-nyhetene ei kveld i 1973 hade meir enn 50% a-endinger "i dei tilfella han kunne velje". Det skete òg i 1997 att "ein unga mann bestilte kaffe latte på sognemål". Fikk nokon gong han kaffe latten sin ? Nei, det trur eg ikkje - teksta sir nemlig at "ingen reagerte på det" (eller meire presist: "inge reagerte UNATURLEG på det"), dvs. dei som høyrte stilbrudda lot vera at skrika eller spy eller kalla politiet - dei drakk bara deres egne kaffe latter ferdig og snikte sig ut av lokalet. Faktum er att nordmennene snakkar 10.000 forskellige lokalmål, men ikkje skriftspråket nynorsk, og kaffelatte segmentet talar definitivt ikkje sognemål.

PLA: Ik höff ok een Poor Sieten op Platt leest över "dat öllste Nedderdüütsch", dat ook Ooltsässisch or Ooltneederdüütsch nöömt word. Ik höff voor en Poor Johren een lütte Beetje Ool leest wegen een Discussion over Angelsässisch ok sien Verwandtschop, aver düt Johr absolut nix. Ik moet weer eenmol torüch to de Heiland, wat in 46.000 Wöör de Geschichte van Jesus vertellt, aver ahn dat Enn - wat en Vördeel is, wegens dat de End so bannig trurig is.

EN: OK, back to English. Today I visited "The Old Town" in my hometown Århus, alias "Den Gamle By". It is an open air museum with buildings dating back to the 17. century, but mostly with interiors from the 19. century - except in the newest addition which shows city dwellings from 1974 or thereabouts where I still was a student who lived in a rented room without a computer, let alone internet access. The museum has plans for a section that will represent the year 2014. In the 1974 section there is an underground museum-within-the-museum which not only tell the history of the town, but also offers a course in the local dialect - you can hear an excerpt here, spoken by J.Haugaard, former MEP - he got into our Parlament by promising tailwind on the cycle paths and similar things, but got somewhat desillusioned by the lack of good will between his new collegues in the Folketing so the wind is still blowing downhill whenever you have to reach one of the suburbs.

The image below shows just a third or so of a pane that shows just how international this modest little small town with the big ego claims to be:

Jeg-bor-i-Århus.jpg

PS: the sad and silly idea to misspell Århus as "Aarhus" came from a former mayor, who luckily now has left the town - but not before plans already had been made for a new seaside district which got the name "Aarhus Ø". You see the joke? The idea behind the name shift evidently was to become more international, and then they gave the newest district a name which nobody outside Scandinavia can write on a computer! And what did they get from changing "Å" into "Aa"? Everybody outside Scandinavia would just have dropped the ring above the A (as we drop the ring over the u in the name of Czech composer Bohuslav Martinů), and then the A would have been pronounced as /a/. With "Aa" people abroad think that it either is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery long A or just an A - as in the name of the German town "Aachen". Nobody in the world outside Denmark knows that that "År-" in Århus should be pronounced like English "or", and the rest more or less like "whose", just shorter - and would anything change if they knew it? I daresay no...
5 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:22 pm

EN: I have been pondering how to celebrate new year 2018-19, and since I don't deal with explosives nor with practical rocket science the most relevant solution for someone like me must be to write the following rant in as many languages as possible. I expect this project to take the rest of the year and probably well into 2019..

SCO: 2018 shall be the year wharein ah had my first and so far anely collogue wi anebody in the fair leid o Scotland (tho not the Gaelic o the hielands, whilk ah cannae speak nor write yet) .

IR: Bliain nua sásta. Ní raibh mé ag foghlaim a labhairt i nGaeilge sa bhliain 2018, ach rinne mé dul chun cinn maith.

AF: Ek het 'n paar dae gelede 'n rant in Afrikaans geskryf (na 'n paar uur se suksesvolle luister na onderhoude op youtube) - maar ek het nog nie die geleentheid gehad om dit taal te praat nie. Natuurlik kan ek net 'n vliegtuig na Jo'burg of Capetown neem en rondloop met 'n plakkaat wat vir gesprekpartner vra, maar .. wel, dis nie my styl nie.

DU: De situatie met Nederland is veel eenvoudiger, omdat ik regelmatig door Nederland of Vlaanderen passeer. Maar in Denemarken is er niet veel dat op Nederlands to hoor of kijk, en voor dat de schaaltje van mijn moeder word gerepareerd, kan ik niet eens BVN op satelliet zien.

PLA: Un wat schall ek op Platt schrieven? Viellicht dat 't Engels sien "do" vun Ollsässisch heeft arvt. In de tekst vun gistern geev 't tominnst twee Eksempel: "Wat de Jägersmann up dat Bild seggen deit (...)" un "Wenn dat hinhauen deit, is de Worm ruut un dat Peerd kregel".

GER: Deutsch ist kein Problem (abgesehen von der, die, das und ihre Verwandte). Ich bin mehrmals in Schleswig mit meiner Schwester gewesen um Haithabu und Dannewerk zu besuchen, und wir haben auch gemeinsam Berlin besucht.

SYJY: Æ tøws at æ ti går rask, og nu stæ 2019 fo æ dør. Æ snakker inte synnejysk (dialekten i Synnejylland), men æ hår familj som bor li uenfor, og æ forstår æ språch - men nærsom æ ska skryw det, må æ føst læs et par nummer af "Æ Blaj" -hæjsens går'et inte.

DA: Det kan kan også blive vanskeligt at vælge hvad jeg skal nævne i mine få linjer på mit modersmål dansk - men måske at jeg læste en artikel med navnet "Hvad gør man når voksne synger falsk?" for et par dage siden. Jeg holdt selv op med at synge da jeg var ca. 10 år gammel og det kunne ikke falde mig ind at begynde nu - men voksne der ikke kan synge rent er måske et paralleltilfælde til voksne der aldrig får lært at udtale et fremmedsprog korrekt.

NO: Eg hadde mye problem med å skrive en enkel tekst i Nynorsk i går, så i dag spring eg over kvar gjerda er lavest og går direkt till svensk.

SW: Jag ser ganska mycket svenska TV (jag har 3 kanaler på svensk mot 1 på norsk), så mit innput är jättebra. Men jag har inte talat språket sedan evenemanget i Bratislava. Det går dock bra att prata det inut i mitt huvud och jag har bra ordböcker fra danska til svenska og hemåt igen när jäg fattas ord.

IC: Síðasta ári tók ég þátt í fjöltyngdu ráðstefnunni í Reykjavík og ég fékk þá mikla þjálfun á íslensku. Á þessu ári hefur ekki verið jafn mikið af starfsemi, en ég hef unnið með íslenskum texta heima í hægindastólnum.

FR:
Le français est l'une des langues que j'ai utilisées le plus dans la pratique cette année. Par exemple je fit ma conférence à Bratislava sur les gènes et les langues en français, et bien que cela puisse paraître un peu comme des fanfaronnades je pense réellement que le public là comprit ce que je disait. Je regarde aussi régulièrement de la télé en français. C'est très agréable d'avoir une bonne conscience...

OFR: Gi'ay escrit UN seul messatge in Ancien François pendant icest an, le 14 de decembre. Mais tant que gié n'ay pas un dictionaire de françois moderne en françois vieulx gié ne puis mie prometre de faire altresi.

OC: Ieu n'ai escrich res en Occitan pendent lou an 2018.

CA: Per ser honest també fa temps que jo no vaig escriure un missatge en català, però he llegit diversos textos a Internet, i la meva impressió és que el meu nivell en el llenguatge escrit no ha baixat. Espero que aviat faré una nova col•lecció de textos per als meus estudis, i per descomptat será una col•lecció monolingüe.

SP: El español también es un idioma en el cual he leído y escuchado mucho durante 2018, pero desde los problemas entre el gobierno en Madrid y los catalanes no he visto ninguna transmisión de noticias del país.

POR: Em efeito eu visitei Portugal em 2018 porque a associação internacional de esperantistas escolheu realizar a sua conferência mundial em Lisboa. Eu estendi isso para um feriado completo, onde eu também passei algumas noites na cidade de Tomar - e isso coincidiu com uma onda de calor onde o termômetro em Tomar passou os 44˚ C e houve grandes incêndios florestais mais na região de Algarve. Mas eu estava bem no calor. E em 2019 tenho planificado uma visita ao Brasil.

EO: Kaj ĉar mi menciis la UEA-kongreson, oni povas aldoni, ke mi parolis ekskluzive Esperanton en la kadro de la evento (kiu okazis en la konstruado de la fakultato de leĝo de la Universitato) kaj ekskluzive la portugala ekstere.

IT: Avevo preso in prestito dalla biblioteca municipale un grosso libro della letteratura italiana dall'anno 1200 fino a oggi - ma non l'ho letto da A alla Z. Infatti ho lette qualche dieci pagini al massimo, e soltanto nella parte più vecchia. Invece ho letto articoli scientifici popolari sull'Internet e guardato Raiuno - devo ammettere che la maggior parte della sua programmazione non mi piace affatto, ma ci sono alcune serie di documentari eccelentissimi su questo canale.

RO: Am lucrat cu multe texte în limba română de situl științific popular descopera.ro, și nivelul meu de lectură nu a fost niciodată mai bun - dar am auzit foarte puțin în limba română și nu deloc vorbit limba (nici măcar în Bratislava).

LA:
Infeliciter dum anno domini MMXVIII non intensiviter cum lingua latina laboravi, et timeo planum sollertiarum mearum degresse esse. Fons meo principialis contentis hodierni non-ficti Ephermeridae erat, sed non saepe renovatur, et ergo non saepe lego. Commentarioli Wikipediae fontem solus alternatum scientiae mihi constituant, sed maxime valde breves sunt.

AL: Në vitin 2018 kam punuar shumë me gjuhën shqipe dhe gjuha fillon të funksionojë në kokën time. Por unë jam ende larg nga të folurit..

GR: Εδώ στο τέλος της χρονιάς διάβασα αρκετά άρθρα σχετικά το δημοτική, και επίσης έχω ακούσει την ελληνική μουσική (αν και τραγουδούν, την οποία αλλιώς εκνευρίζω!!).. Έχει φθάσει στο μυαλό μου ότι το 'ελληνότητα' ιδιαίτερα στη λαϊκή ελληνική μουσική προκαλείται από μια χαμηλωση του δεύτερου τόνου της κλίμακας, ειδικά μετά το προηγούμενο δεύτερο τόνο, και μερικές φορές και η χαμηλωση των τετάρτου τόνου ακολουθούμενη από έναν τόνο ήδη χαμηλό στο τρίτο βήμα (όπως στο κλίμακα μινόρε) .

BU: Работил съм с текстове за археология и космология на български и е невероятно лесно да ги разбера - може би защото пренебрегвам трудните неща.

SE: Прошлог месеца, српски канал RTSAT из мог кабловског провајдера није радио - али на срећу још увек имам црногорски канал и хрватски канал. И не чујем разлику.

SLK: Študoval som dvojjazyčné texty iz slovenskom jazyku po stretnutí v Bratislave - a je to jednoduchšie ako poľština.

PO: A język polski wciąż jest trudnym językiem...

RU: Русский язык - это язык славянского языка, который я изучил дольше всего, но устно русский я слышу очень мало - и поэтому я тоже не очень много понимаю. Но я могу примерно прочитать русские статьи в Википедии, и мой словарь достаточно полный. Я уже не заказал поездку в Россию, но это может открыть мои уши для русский язык как разговорный язык. Прямо сейчас это письменный язык..

BA I: Dan jauh di cakrawala, satu-satunya bahasa yang non-Indoeropa saya, bahasa Indonesia, adalah tempat saya masih membuat kemajuan - tetapi juga di sini terutama dengan ketrampilan untuk membaca.

... and finally: happy New Year to ye all!
As a matter of fact the whole writing process went much smooth(i)er than I had expected, so now I have time to take a bus downtown to see people blow themselves up enjoy themselves with their expensive playthings.

Kunst164.JPG
7 x

IronMike
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Studying: Esperanto
Maintaining: nada
Tested:
BCS, 1+L/1+R (DLPT5, 2022)
Russian, 3/3 (DLPT5, 2022) 2+ (OPI, 2022)
German, 2L/1+R (DLPT5, 2021)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT IV, 2019)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT II in, yes, 1999)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189

Postby IronMike » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:04 pm

Dearest Iversen, which language is SYJY? Looks Scandinavian of course, but I can't find that language code anywhere.

Tak!
0 x
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
CEFR --> ILR/DLPT equivalencies
My swimming life.
My reading life.

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm

It is Southern Jutish, known as Sønderjysk in Standard, but as Synnejysk in the dialect itself. You may be able see some older issues of the magazine of "Æ Synnejysk Forening" (the South Jutish club) by doing a search on "Æ Blaj" in Google. The club has a homepage (synnejysk.dk), but it only lets members access the pdfs with the magazine -and I suspect that the direct access also soon will be blocked, and then my involvement with the dialect has to stop.

Btw I may have committed some blunders since I don't speak the dialect, but

Æ tøws at æ ti går rask, og nu stæ 2019 fo æ dør. Æ snakker inte synnejysk (dialekten i Synnejylland), men æ hår familj som bor li uenfor, og æ forstår æ språch - men nærsom æ ska skryw det, må æ føst læs et par nummer af "Æ Blaj" -hæjsens går'et inte.

ought to mean something like (in standard Danish)

Jeg synes at tiden går hurtigt, og nu står 2019 for døren. Jeg snakker ikke Sønderjysk (dialekten i Sønderjylland), men jeg har familie som bor lige udenfor, og jeg forstår sproget - men dersom jeg skal skrive det, må jeg først læse et par numre af "Bladet" - ellers går det ikke.
1 x

Return to “Language logs”