Iversen's second multiconfused log thread

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Re: Iversen's second multiconfused log thread

Postby Iversen » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:22 pm

Today I had to return the car which I had hired for one week, and I have written my travelogue and entered my photos in the html-based system I have built for the purpose - so now I have something rare: free time. OK, maybe not totally free: I have promised my former workplace to add some capabilities to a system I once programmed for it, and ... well, look below, please. Our local art museum has an exhibition with a painter named Jerichau Baumann, and at the end of the route through this exhibition they had put three tables with colour pencils and filled the walls with exemples from her production which suggested that the visitors should use them as background for drawings of a family member. I skipped the family member thing and spent an hour producing a surrealistic patchwork based on the artwork on the walls. And this drawing was put on a wall reserved for drawings by the public. I guess my drawing has been destroyed by now (together with all the other drawings), but just before I started my car trip a week ago I decided to make a painting based on the photos I took (including that of my own drawing), and I fear that this decision will have devastating consequences.

I had to heat the old paint tubes in hot water to unscrew them again after more than 20 years of non-use, and I even bought some new ones for those colours that had become stone hard, plus a few new brushes. But then I did the thing below, and now I fear that I'm in serious risk of having revived an old hobby which I had thought was dead forever, and it is mainly my lack of a proper atelier that may save me from another futile and time consuming distraction - as if I didn't already have paintings enough. Which reminds me of the scene in LOTR where one of the hobbits (P.Took) throws a stone in a well and reawakens a sleeping monster which should have been left alone. Or maybe it was Boromir. And what has this to do with language learning? Well, finishing this painting may take some of the precious time I otherwise had allotted to serious language studies.

Kunst203_coming.JPG

During the past week I have spent some evenings in hotel rooms without my computer and books, and there I have read the Kauderwelsch book about Chinese from A to Z. I'm not going to study that language ever, mainly because of the writing system, but I'm also aware that it may be dificult to remember the tones of individual words without having listened to them. So I just read the booklet to get a feeling for the structure of Mandarin. And one thing I noticed was a funny little thing "de", which apparently can be placed after all sorts of words with all sorts of unexpected consequences. As I see it this "de" is something like a focus-attractor, but there is not material enough in the book to give a clear picture of all its different roles. The Kauderwelsch series uses a system with both hyperliteral translations and 'pretty' translations, and it was funny to see how the Chinese build their sentences - not quite as in any of the languages I know, but you do see some kind of logic there which in principle could be learnt by a sufficiently dedicated learner.

Kunst074a.JPG

Apart from that I haven't been studying at all. My day program has been so brimful of museums and zoos and driving around with no time left to eat lunch that I was dead tired in the evenings and fell asleep fast. It's a hard job to be a tourist - even in one's own country!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

Elsa Maria
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Intermediate Danish.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6009

Postby Elsa Maria » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:41 pm

It seems like you had good timing for your trip to Aalborg, as most of the cultural things did begin to close down right after you were there. My favorite museum in Aalborg is probably Gråbrødrekloster Museet under the shopping street.
0 x
Corrections are always welcome.

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...

Postby Iversen » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Actually I just visited the Zoo plus Lindholm Høje there, which is a collection of stonegraves from the Iron age up to the Viking age with a museum, and both are away from the center where everything cultural now has been closed down. The problem with these local close-downs is that the institutions that are closed aren't those where people get infected. In Aalborg the local authorities were in the absurd situation that their libraries and museums and schools were closed, but the infamous party street Jomfru Anesgade (Maid Ann's street) stayed open - and the municipality couldn't close it down. In this case the central authorities did take the decision to close this notorious infection hotspot down for a couple of weeks, but the general rules (which are totally devoid of logic) stay in force. In central Jutland there is a zoo near a minor village where a few families have been heavily infected (I don't know how) - and then the zoo is closed even though practically all its visitors come from other places and you must show a corona pass to enter. Where is the logic ??

OK, 'nuff covid. Today I first worked on an IT project for some hours, and after midday I worked on the new painting I showed above. It will take weeks to finish it because I like details, but can't spend enough time to produce them. However right now I'm actually studying. I have found my old printout with the history of the planet in Indonesian where I had reached the Jurassic. It is almost certain that the text is an edited machine translation, but it still gives me some vocabulary and useful expressions, and I don't expect to need to speak the language anytime soon. And there's time enough this evening to study a couple of languages more - I haven't decided yet which ones.. (EDIT: ended up with some covid tourism in Greek and an article about summertime in Serbian)

IND: Periode Jurassic dikenal untuk beberapa spesies yang sangat besar, sauropoda seperti Brachiosaurus dan Apatosaurus, tetapi artikel tersebut dengan tepat menunjukkan bahwa serial film terkenal memperkenalkan spesies yang tidak hidup sama sekali pada periode Jurassic, seperti Tyrannosaurus Rex. Tesis dalam buku dan film adalah bahwa dinosaurus dapat dihidupkan kembali melalui materi yang genetik dari serangga dalam damar, tetapi itu mungkin tidak mungkin - dan saya tidak berpikir akan cerdas untuk memperkenalkan mereka kembali. Kami memiliki masalah besar dalam mempertahankan populasi gajah dan badak, dan kami tidak memiliki ruang untuk dinosaurus raksasa yang direkonstruksi. Solusinya adalah menciptakan 'dunia 3D' digital di mana orang dapat berjalan di alam era lama.

Kunst082.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:36 pm

For some years the main library downtown had something called a 'language café' on Mondays, ie. people were invited to come and have conversations in whatever foreign languages they could muster, and sometimes immigrants would come to have a chat in Danish. The library put up some flags and reserved some tables with chairs, but apart from that the participants were left to organize themselves into groups - and there was no café service. However it never became a big draw - we might have up to a dozen participants, but mostly just half that, probably because you never could know beforehand who would be there, and whether your own target language(s) would be represented.

Then came Corona, and the libraries were shut down. Over summer last year we managed to get it up and running again, but then in December (where infection rates again soared for the second time) the library introduced the rule that only two persons were allowed at each table - and that was tantamount to closing the café project down. Actually all libraries was shut down soon after, and it took several months before they were allowed to open again - and this time only with corona pass and mask.

Even after the library in question had reopened there wasn't any sign that the language cafés were restarted, but today I noticed at 14:00 PM that the list of activities mentioned a language café session at 16:00 PM - and the ugly signs with "only two persons per table - AND DON'T MOVE THE CHAIRS :twisted: " were gone. OK then I stayed downtown for two hours, but when I returned there were no flags and no activity - and even though the signs had gone there were still only two chairs at each table. I asked the librarian in charge what the current status was, and he waffled around without giving a clear answer. But in restaurants the rule is up to four persons per table, and I have not heard of any general rules that require a lower limit from libraries, so my guess is that the top librarian or some internal chicken board has gone into scared-to-death mode and try to avoid any kind of social interaction between clients.

Kunst038.JPG

But outside the library the world has moved on. The infection rates are not as low as last summer, but it doesn't seem that anyone cares - almost all the elderly and some frontline personnel have been vaccinated, and the young people don't think they can get seriously ill - I have even read that some youngsters now actively try to get infected by covid because they then can stop queuing up for more testing a couple of weeks later. According to the current vaccination plans the alternative could be to wait until September, and the young ones simply don't have patience to wait for that. They want to party NOW!!!

So the bottom line is that the language café hasn't started yet, and heaven knows when I get back to actually speaking my foreign languages..

Apart from that I have spent several hours painting, and for some of the details I had to use my smallest brushes - with bristles the length of an average eyelash. I have always had a deep respect for the exquisite works made by miniature painters from the old days, and that respect has not diminished now that I paintakingly have painted half a dozen diminutive heads inside an oval - hard work, but it had to be done.

So I have not studied languages today, but yesterday evening until 2:00 I 'scriptoriummed' a number of texts in Greek, Serbian (from Rep.Srbska in Bosnia), Dutch and Indonesian, and I even listened to a couple of podcasts from the series "Die tale wat ons praat " in Afrikaans.So my conscience is slightly bleak, but for once not dark as a dungeon.

SR: Јуче сам написао да ћу проучавати српски текст о летњем рачунању времена (луди систем који се састоји од тога да сви потпуно бесмислен морамо два пута годишње да подешавамо сатове), али не: чланак је био о кратким зимским данима на северу. А онда је уследио дужи чланак о пчеларству, где је, између осталог, објашњено како спасити пчеле током периода лошег времена. Али ја немам пчеле, па не могу да учиним ништа да их спасим. Иначе, једном сам посетио пчеларски музеј у словеначком месту Радовлице (близу Бледског језера), али нажалост не могу да пишем о овој посети јер нисам проучавао словеначки.

P5411a01_Radovlice.jpg

DA: Der findes for øvrigt en konditorkage i Danmark ved navn "bikube", jvf. billederne nedenfor, men dette navn stammer fra en svunden tid - nutildags er alle bistader kasseformede og ikke kubeformede.

Bikuber (google).jpg
3 x

Le Baron
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), fr, nl, de, eo, Sranantongo,
Maintaining: es, swahili.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18796

Postby Le Baron » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:22 pm

Oh yes. I've also posted about the language café here. It was going quite well until Covid and we were in an actual café (a pub really). Same business of paper flags on tables. I took my own Esperanto flag there the first time I went, but they already had one, which I thought was impressive really.
During the worst of the pandemic we did try a version in someone's large garden with spaced out chairs, but that was a bit of a failure. Last week or so the pubs/cafés opened up here (mostly on the terraces), so it won't be long now.

Is that one of your recent paintings? What did the person posing for it think? :D
1 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:42 pm

In 'my' library they have English, German, French and Spanish flags - but I have been speaking Italian and Portuguese and (bad) Greek there too without having a flag on the table. Not Esperanto, though. But sometimes Danish.

The worried librarian (or scientist of whatever) of the painting above is not a portrait, but I have portrayed real people several times without being quartered and hanged. We had a culture house named 'Huset ('The House'), and that's where I painted my paintings. And a few times I painted people that also worked there or used the place. The painting below is intitulated "Naia's fødselsdag" (N's birthday), and it is one of the very few which isn't in my possession anymore - I gave it to Naia (she's the one with a red hat) when the place was closed.

By the way, I stopped painting during the 90s, so when I decided to make a new painting based on motives fra the works of Elizabeth Jerichau Baumann (mentioned earlier) I first had to heat the upper part of my old paint tubes to open them, and then I had to buy replacements for those that had hardened beyond salvage. In other words, with one partial exception ALL my paintings are hopelessly old - but if need be I can usually find something adequate to illustrate my writings here.

Kunst142.JPG

IC: Ég hef einnig lýst mér sjalf nokkrum sinnum, til dæmis í málverkinu hér að neðan. Það voru nokkrir menn sem bjuggu til menhir, sem stóð fyrir framan 'Húsið í fjölda ára, og það var skreytt með myndefni úr norrænni goðafræði (þess vegna notaði ég tækifærið og skrifaði texta þennan á íslensku). En menhirin var því miður síðar fjarlægt.

Kunst176.JPG
5 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:36 pm

Since last time I wrote here I have been on a family visit, where I spent most of my time on putting tulip bulbs (with stems) into the ground and removing weeds from my mother's garden. OK, I know that the ideal time for putting tulip bulbs into holes in the ground is said to be later in the year, but I visited a zoo/botanical garden (Jesperhus) where they offered visitors to fill a whole sack with bulb+stems for just 50 DKK (less than 7 €), and I couldn't resist that offer - knowing perfectly well that it would fall to me to perform the burial ceremony. And what has that to do with language learning, you may ask? Well, actually more than you might think - more about that later.

GER: Für meinen Familienbesuch hatte ich keinen Lesestoff mitgebracht (ich hatte genug damit zu tun, so'n Sack voller Tulpen zu schleppen!) und benutzte deshalb ein deutsch-dänisches Wörterbuch als Gute-Nacht-Lesung. Und es hat tatsächlich sehr gut funktioniert. Wenn man ein Wörterbuch aktiv liest, also wenn man bewußt nach falschen Freunden (oder Fauxamis, französisch "faux amis" laut Wikipedia) oder andere spezielle Wörter sucht, ist das Wörterbuchlesen gar nicht so so todlangweilig, wie es sich zuerst anhört. Und wenn man trotzdem schläfrig wird, ist das ja immerhin nur noch ein weiterer Vorteil - viel besser als Pillen. Aber nächstes Mal werde ich wahrscheinlich wiedermals einige meiner alten zweisprachigen Studientexte mitbringen.

DU: OK, tulpen.... Ik moest denken aan de grote Nederlandse tulpenmanie in de jaren 1634-1634, waarover een behoorlijk diepgaand artikel op de Nederlandse Wikipedia staat. Ik heb het natuurlijk als studiemateriaal gebruikt, maar niet via een tweetalige afdruk - dat heb ik met deze taal niet nodig. Deze crisis wordt meestal de eerste echte economische 'bubbel' genoemd - een situatie waarin onwetende dwazen kopen in een markt met sterk stijgende prijzen, en waar het belangrijk is om te ontsnappen VOOR de onvermijdelijke crash. En waarom denk ik nu aan bitcoins? Citaat:

"In 1635 werd een koop geregistreerd van veertig tulpenbollen tegen een prijs van 100.000 gulden. Op dat moment kostte een ton boter rond de 100 gulden en acht vette varkens waren 240 gulden waard. Een record was de verkoop van de beroemdste tulpenbol, de Semper Augustus. Deze werd in Haarlem voor 6000 gulden, de prijs van een grachtenhuis, verkocht. Voor een bol van de paars-witte papegaaitulp Viceroi werd een prijs van 3000 gulden overeengekomen."

Dus beter 7 € betalen voor een hele zak tulpenbollen met stelen - ook om die niet al opkomen het volgend jaar.

DK: For øvrigt spilles der vistnok den første kamp i EM slutrunden lige i dette øjeblik. Vi har et godt udtryk for det på dansk: "det rager mig en papand" (it concerns me a paper duck). Et andet udtryk, der kan bruges om den nederlandske tulipan-boble: hvis noget er rigtigt dyrt, siger vi at "det koster en bondegård" (it costs a farm). En væsentligere oplysning: fra i overmorgen skal vi kun bruge covid-masker i den offentlige transport og på steder med tæt trængsel, og det bliver blot en henstilling. I det meste af Europa skal man tilmed bruge masker udendørs, men det har vi trods ikke været tvunget til her (bortset fra busstoppesteder og banegårde). Nu må det "briste eller bære" (now it must burst or bear), som man siger (endnu et godt gammelt dansk idiomatisk udtryk). Og hermed er dagens indlæg skrevet, og "så er den ged barberet" (and now that goat has been shaved), som vi siger.

S0721b01_Friheden_aarhus_stereo.jpg

And the painting - ahem well, still not finished, and I have discovered at least four mermaid paintings by mrs E.Jerichau-Baumann so now I have to choose - things are getting more complicated, and my flat reeks of turpentine:

Kunst203_coming2a.jpg
5 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Today I added one more mermaid (well, the upper half) plus the absent old man from the stairs with a goose instead of a child and the paintress herself in black and white and some red background to the upper right, but now the artwork will have a chance to dry up - I am taking a 10 day holiday without internet access. However when I return home I expect to finish it in one go, and then you will be the first to see the result.

Yesterday I started out with an article in Serbian about butterflies (from the same collection of texts that also contained the article about apiculture), and I finished with an article in Indonesian about the naming of celestial bodies (as goodnight lecture), but in between I spent most of my study time on Albanian - and justly so, since I may not have been studying this language as assiduously as it deserves. And I may have become slightly rusty when it comes to selecting the correct connectors, but I did not feel entirely lost.

I then transferred the new (or just forgotten) words to a wordlist, but then discovered an old wordlist that - as far as I remember - never had been revised, so I expect to do that this evening ... and that means repeating something like 400 words.I have not yet decided what else to do today, and the next days my study activities may be slightly encumbered by excessive inland tourism.

AL: Nuk jam i sigurt që shkrimi im shqip është saktë, por kam studiuar dy tekste, një tekst për mutacionet kovide dhe tjetrin për numrin e shtrimeve në spital. Artikujt nuk janë nga Shqipëria, as nuk nga Kosova, por nga Maqedonia (portalb.mk). Sidoqoftë duket se ato janë në dialektin kryesor që unë i njoh nga fjalorët e mi.

EN: The painting below also is my one and only attempt to illustrate fourdimensional boxes. And there is even a fish...

Kunst155.JPG
5 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:50 am

I returned from my latest minitrip Thursdag evening, and the next thing to do was to organize my photos and write a travelogue so that I can remember what I did here in June 2021 in the years to come. And now I have some family visits and one more trip in July ahead of me.

I brought along some very old printouts for study in the evenings - and well so, since most hotels here showed damned football (soccer) on at least half their TV channels. However the first set was a bad choice: It was a trilingual history of Kuala Lumpur (the capital of Malaysia) in Malaysian and Indonesian and Danish, and I made it at a time were I wasn't quite sure whether to study one or the other of the two Asian bahasas. But the result was that the Indonesian and Danish versions were machine translations, and the original was in a language which I chose not to study - so now I can just look at it and conclude that it resembles Indonesian alot, hurray, so I don't need to spend time learning it .

The funny thing is that the translations are so old that they illustrate one major flaw of Google Translate back then, namely that the software routinely changed proper names into parallel proper names from the target languages. This problem has mostly been solved by now, but here is an example:

Malaysian: Sekitar 1870-an, Kapitan Cina Kuala Lumpur, Yap Ah Loy menjadi pemimpin yang bertanggungjawab memastikan ketahanan diikuti pertumbuhan sistematik bandar ini.

Indonesian (old): Sekitar 1870-an, Kapitan Cina Jakarta, Yap Ah Loy menjadi pemimpin yang bertanggung jawab memastikan ketahanan diikuti pertumbuhan sistematis kota ini.

Indonesian (now):
Sekitar tahun 1870-an, Kapten Cina Kuala Lumpur, Yap Ah Loy menjadi pemimpin yang bertanggung jawab untuk memastikan ketahanan yang diikuti oleh pertumbuhan kota yang sistematis

English (now): Around the 1870s, Kuala Lumpur’s Chinese Captain, Yap Ah Loy became the leader responsible for ensuring resilience followed by the city’s systematic growth.

I didn't make an English translation in the first place, but the old Danish version kept 'Kuala Lumpur' unchanged - it didn't change it into 'Copenhagen'. And then I wonder what GT would have done if asked to translate the text into another Asian language.

The other text I brought along was in Modern Greek, and it told about a machine - the Klirothirion (κληρωτήριον) - that allowed the city of Athens to choose random citizens for the magistrate - but the city wisely abstained from choosing its generals randomly, they had to be elected. I can see that the article was published in 2014 by a professor Georgantzis, so it should be trustworthy.

And lo and behold, I finished my Jerichau Baumann tribute painting this morning, and it ended up looking like this (see below). I have sent a jpg copy per e-mail to the Aros museum which hosts the exhibition with her works, but I doubt that they will even open it. A few weeks ago a group of Danish hotels had their booking system hijacked, and this week it was the Norwegian libraries that got hit by the same virus, so prudence is the mother of all virtues right now (as it should have been when those systems were set up). Or as Samuel Johnson is rumoured to have quibbed: "Prudence keeps life safe, but it does not often make it happy".... which also applies to the nasty covid thing that still rears its head whenever you think that you now are safe.

Kunst203.jpg
6 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:22 pm

Since yesterday I have studied a few texts in the usual way, i.e. copy the text by hand while making sure that I know all the words (else write them in the margin) and understand the grammar - and since my texts mostly are of Wikipedia or magazine type there are less idiomatic expressions. I may have to supplement these texts with less formal specimina to prepare for listening to common chit-chat, but I'm not there yet.

The texts are mostly contained in small bilingual collections with a theme. and mostly I had already worked with the first texts in each collection so now I'm reading the remainders. After a June where I have been absent most of the time I feel a need to clean up my paper mountains, but I don't want to remove collections from the dust covered heaps unless I have been through all texts in each of them.

So yesterday I went through an article about the tourism situation in Greek and another about the Polish astronomer Kopernicus, which for some obscure reason had been coupled with the articles about elephants which I already have commented amply upon in this thread. I also studied a text in Serbian about butterflies, which was easy to understand because I earlier have been through another one in Serbian about the same topic. However when I wrote about butterflies earlier in this thread, the comments weren't not based on any Serbian article, but on one about "motýle" in Slovak - which by the way hasn't been removed from the stack since it still remains for me to study an article about "Pektin" (pectine) from that specific collection (one thing to do as soon as possible, maybe this evening). And finally I studied a newspaper article in Albanian about the hospitalization of 24 corona patients in Skoplje (Shkupjë), but there is still one article about the treatment of alcoholism left in that recueil (one more thing to be done soon).

PO: Wczoraj widziałem też film dokumentalny, który sugerował, że Mikołaj Kopernik inspirował się grecką wiedzą, która przetrwała w islamskiej części świata. Gdybyś tylko obejrzał transmisję, mógłbyś nawet pomyśleć, że odwiedził te rejony – ale o ile wiem, tylko odwiedził Włochy (poza Polską i 'Prusa Królewskie'). Ale były już znane „ukryte” źródła, więc różnica może nie jest tak duża. Nawiasem mówiąc, takie filmy dokumentalne mają tendencję do wygodnego zapominania, że większość pracy związanej z przekazywaniem władzy w obszarze islamskim można w rzeczywistości przypisać uczonym żydowskim i (syryjskim) chrześcijańskim.

Dominujący kosmologiczny obraz ówczesnej Europy opierał się na dziele Ptolemeusza Aleksandryjskiego, który umieścił Ziemię niemal w centrum wszechświata, podczas gdy księżyc, słońce i planety krążyły wokół niej na kryształowych kulach. W rzeczywistości musiał przyznać, że prawdziwym środkiem obrotu nie była Ziemia, ale punkt nieco od niej oddalony. Ale nawet to nie zadziałało, więc aby zbliżyć się do obserwowalnych danych, Ptolemeusz musiał dodatkowo pozwolić, aby wszystkie wspomniane ciała niebieskie obracały się po mniejszych okręgach, a całość stała się bardzo, bardzo skomplikowana. Już w starożytności niektórzy twierdzili, że wszystko obraca się wokół Słońca, co jest prostsze, ale można powiedzieć, że Kopernik niekoniecznie znał te źródła, a zasada heliocentryczna nie uwzględniała danych dokładniej niż geocentryczna. Ale było to prostsze i kiedy Johannes Kepler ustalił, że rzeczywiste orbity to nie koła, ale elipsa, system heliocentryczny stał się nagle bardziej precyzyjny. Jednak irytującą rozbieżność dotyczącą orbity Merkurego po raz pierwszy wyjaśniono w Teoriach Względności Einsteina.

I od tego czasu dowiedzieliśmy się, że słońce też nie jest centrum świata – jeśli w ogóle można mówić o centrum. Dziś Kopernik celebrowany jest szczególnie w Krakowie (gdzie jest o nim kolekcja na Uniwersytecie Maius), ale w rzeczywistości opuścił miasto, by podjąć pracę we Fromborku na Warmii, gdzie krewny został mianowany biskupem-nagrodą . Kopernik po raz pierwszy opublikował swoje arcydzieło "De revolutionibus orbium coelestium" tuż przed śmiercią – i prawdopodobnie była to mądra decyzja, gdyż wkrótce zostało ono umieszczone na ohydnej papieskiej "Index librorum protocolorum".

S0505b02_astronomical-thingies-at-Univ-Maius-Kraków (stereo).jpg
4 x

Return to “Language logs”