Iversen's second multiconfused log thread

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
allf100
Orange Belt
Languages: Hokkien(mother tongue, yet less fluent than my Mandarin)
Mandarin
English
German(A little)
Japanese(A little)
Persian (A little, completely forgot it.)
Sankrit (Just for alphabet, and forgot them all)

Re: Iversen's second multiconfused log thread

Postby allf100 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:31 am

For instance I mentioned to my sister yesterday that I intended to make Danish "frikadeller" (meatballs with an egg and some flour), and it seemed that she might not be adverse to getting a few of those.

In China, we have Chinese 'frikadeller' too with almost exactly same recipe. If I make them, I usually use some sweet potato flour. In Chinese, we call it "狮子头"(shizi tou), which literally means "Lions' heads", but the dish doesn't remind me of that at all. It's not my favorite dish. But being like your sister, I am not adverse to have some "Lions' heads". :D

I searched the revelant info about frikadeller from the Internet. In a Chinese article with pictures, frikadeller is introduced as a trational dish in Denmark.

Though I can be considered as an old timer on the forum, I am actually very new here. I'm not sure if I can comment on your log.

Please feel free to remove my posts if you prefer recording without my intruding. I'm fine. :)
Last edited by allf100 on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 x
Anyone who would like to correct my writing mistakes will be always greatly appreciated.

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:39 pm

I actually like having comments in my log - and we are very far from a situation where they would drown out my own contributions.

Apart from that: yesterday I spent several hours doing repetitions of Ukrainian wordlists. I still have some lists waiting for me, but all in all it will be at least 600 words. I recently did something similar with a lot of Polish words, but back then it was a stash that had surreptiously hidden itself among papers from another planet language. This time I knew where the the lists were, but I had just written new lists galore without doing the repetitions - and now reality hit back unto me.

Today I have not studied anything - I looked at the garden and thought that the lawn in a corner wasn't in top shape, and there is too much lawn anyway :( . So I hit the road to the usual plant nursery and bought 32 small perennials and 3 hyacinthusses to fill the void. But when I had planted those I realized that it wasn't enough. OK, back again to buy 24 perennials more and one hyacinth and two hortae and I planted those - and now that corner is OK ... for now. Because according to the labels on the plants they are flowering now, but I also want something nice to look at from August and onwards so that the corner also will be green then - but better a corner peppered with green plants than a flat lawn just with moss. I'll think about a solution to that situation when it arises, not now - there are also late bloomers on the market. At least all those plants must be able to survive a Danish winter - I'm not going to sift the whole garden to pluck up all the onions and store them indoors or buy completely new flowers every year from now.

And when I was through all that I was tired and had to rest, and now at last I could be studying languages, but I'll look some plants up first to see how I can avoid prematurely killing those I have bought. At least I know what I'll be using as goodnight reading: the last travel from the Romanian book with X Romanians' first trip abroad - I read three yesterday, but fell asleep before the last one.
8 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...

Postby Iversen » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:03 pm

Today I haven't studied - the garden took all my time. I did however read a newspaper (Jyllandsposten) from Sunday, and in that there was a two-page article about G.E. Hinton, who apparently was the driving force behind the invention of artifical intelligence (at least the learning part of it). But the article was in Danish which I already know so it doesn't count as study time. I have also mentioned the article in the relevant thread.

Yesterday I did study - I finished the repetition round for my Ukrainian wordlists, but I have some pages with new words in the margin so I have more wordlists ahead which also have to be repeated some time in the future. And after that I studied an article about Pterosaurs in Ukrainian.

Ukrainian_repetition.jpg

And then I noticed a set of printouts about paleontology in Czech. Actually I don't study that language, but I once made that set to test how much I understood of such an exotic language. So yesterday evening I studied an article in Czech about Creodonts. In case just one curious person out there wonders what the heck this term might refer to: well, before 'true' carnivores appeared there were other mammals that occupied their bloodcurdling niche, and two groups among those were the Oxyaenids and the Hyenodonts which traditionally have been lumped together under the name Creodonta. The two groups had different dentures, and because the article described those differences in excruciating detail I have now learnt a number of words about teeth in Czech. But the last Creodont died some 11 mio. years ago so you won't accidentally meet one of them in the street tomorrow. We are now dealing with dogs and cats ... and bears.

Speaking about carnivores: I watched a program about the history of bears on Nature, and it was mainly in French - hurray! Most of content there is in English so I cherish any deviation from that pattern.

And speaking about French. I still have the second half of Portugal's history (in Portuguese) waiting for me on my 'night chair' (no need for a table), but I chose to grab an issue from janvier 2008 of the excellent French magazine "Science & Vie".

FR: Et d'après mon avis personel il est presque aussi fascinant de lire des articles sur l'avantgarde scientifiqe d'antan qu'il est de lire des articles sur les dernières découvertes de nos jours - mais plus amusant puisque on sait maintenant ce qu'il est arrivé après. Étant lecture de nuit je n'ai lu qu'une vingtaine de pages (après tout je commence à lire quand je suis déjà prêt à dormir), mais sur ces pages on a déjà pu mentionner une nouvelle technique qui permettait de lire 300 gènes cachés (aujourd'hui on réussi à lire tout le génome de non seulement Homo sapiens, mais aussi celui du Neanderthal - et à la page 22 on lit que déjà en 2008 on avait réussi a séquencer le génome du chat - l'espèce no. 7 dont on avait alors pu extraire cette information. Il y a d'autres articles qui m'impresse plus.,,

Plus tard dans le même numéro il y a par exemple un article que je vais relire avec un intérêt tout particulier, à savoir l'article sur le système de messieur Lisi sur tout bonnement TOUT ... mais j'écrirais plus sur ce thème quand j'y arrive. Et si je réussis à lire vingt page de plus ce soir je vais passer un préavis bref sur l'intelligence articielle - mais il semble d'être plutôt une information sur un projet de recherche que d'une information nouvelle et bouleversante. Aujour'dhui on sait un peu plus sur ce sujet ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:33 am

As this threads demonstrates I have more than one time consuming hobby. Two days ago I spent much of my study time on the taxonomy of reptiles . The old system divided the living members of the old class Reptilia into the turatara, the turtles, crocodilians, lizards and snakes - and then there were the dinosaurs, pterodactyls and some other groups which all are extinct by now.An important consideration back then was the number of 'extra' holes in the cranium: anapsids had none, euryapsids had one opening high on the skull, synapsids had one at the side of the skull behind each eye orbit and diapsids had two holes. However now turtles are now seen as diapsids that have shut their holes and therefore the Anapsides now are totally cleansed of reptilians (unless you believe D.V.Icke, who claimed that the British royal family among others were reptilian shapeshifters). The Euryapsida have turned out not to be one group, but a hotch-potch of unrelated families.

Now the idea is that both the synapsids and the diapsids developed from holeless 'Amniotes' (i.e. primitive anapsids) by developing one resp. two holes, and the turtles have been reclassified as diapsides that lost their holes. So it's unclear why anybody would use the word 'Anapsids', and the Synapsids (our forebears!) now have been firmly excluded from the reptiles. It does however seem to bother some paleontologists that turtles and to some extant Crocodilians pee uric acid (like humans), whereas the remainder of the Diapsids apparently excrete ammonia based waste. So maybe the holy grail ain't been found yet..

Kunst108 (part) - peeing Synapsid and its family.jpg

But one top of that I also studied a Polish text about crumhorns, a intriguing family of double reed renaissance instruments shaped like J's. Unlike the oboes the reed was enclosed in a little box, which meant that the player couldn't influence the dynamics nor sound quality. This in combination with the limited compass (1½ octave) led to the demise of the instrument, but its distinct shrill sound has been lost in the process (and I sorely miss it). Those who might want to hear it in vivo can query for "crumhorn consort" on Youtube to satisfy their curiosity.

And this morning I studied another Polish text, this time about the shawm, which also had a rather raucous sound. But there is something that puzzles me, namely that..

PO .. mianowicie, że krótki tekst zaczyna się tak:

Shawm, swany także shawł may, shawmey ...

W dalszej części tekstu znajdziemy jednak poprawne oznaczenie instrumentu w języku polskim, Szałamaja. Szukałem w Google, ale ta kombinacja słów nie jest już dostępna w Internecie. To więc też nie jest nawet jeszcze artykuł Wikipediu, więc nie wiem, skąd go wziąłem – ale kiedy widzę takie rzeczy, zastanawiam się, czy to nieedytowane tłumaczenie maszynowe. Zastanawiam się nad zrobieniem strony z kilkoma polskimi objaśnieniami przestarzałych instrumentów, a jedno z nich będzie o lutni - był kiedyś światowej sławy lutnista Valentin Bakfark, który większość czasu przebywał w Polsce.

EN So there is actually an instrument called shawm in ENGLISH, but not in Polish - built with an encapsulated double reed like the crumhorn, but straight. In the English wikipedia there is an interesting information namely that "In many Asian countries, shawm technique includes circular breathing allowing continuous playing without pauses for air." So maybe it's the same reason that also led the instrument makers of the renaissance to encapsulate the double reeds of certain instruments in spite of the lack of control of the tone ? Bagpipes also provide an incessant stream of air to the pibes, but they collect the air in a bag and let it out from there. Church organs collect their air supply in a a windchest, but at least they can stop the flow before it reaches the pibes.

Yesterday I spent almost the whole day driving to my old home town to deposit the key to my old flat at the real estate agent's office, and now that I was up there I decided also to take the tour to the zoos and museums and churches of the neighbouring peninsula, and when I got home (slightly tired) I organized my photos and travelogue first, and then I read the article about mr. Lisi's model in the middle of the night - but more about that later. I have to look up a few things before I write my comment.

F5301a01 Antiquated woodwind (Music museum Copenhagen).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:01 pm

I have spent some time yesterday and and some more time today adding new columns to my 30-language project. Since it is an old project I have mentioned it before, but basically it's an excuse for taking to round to all the languages I study plus a few more - it should have been 30, but I dropped Finnish (which I don't study) after round one several years ago, so now there are only 29 languages. I'm thinking seriously about adding one more, but I'm not quite sure which one it should be then - the condition is that I own a decent dictionary in it, and none of the contestant are on my to-do list for the immediate future.

Basically I have written 30 29 mini wordlists of around 30 words in each of the languages on the list, and when I had finished Indonesian I was seriously tempted to start from the beginning again with English, Scots, Dutch, Afrikaans etc. etc., but I dropped the idea. On the backside on the sheets I have used there are 6 columns of old wordlists, and it must be more relevant to (at long last) do the repetitions of those than to add more new material.

Kunst110-pars.jpg

My goodnight reading for the moment is the issue of Science & Vie from 2008, and now I have read not only the 17 pages about Lisi and his model, but also some background stuff on the internet - and some other articles in the magazine, including articles about aneurisms, the birth of planets, autorepair mechanisms in the brain and one about the African origins of mankind. But Lisi's model - the main problem is that my mathematical skills aren't sufficient to understand its details, so one thing I tried to find out about was whether it had been proven or disproved during the intervening 14½ years. And the sad fact seems to be that the question hasn't been investigated to the point where it can be answered.

And now I could continue in English, and I could use French (the language of the magazine) -yeah I could even write in Danish (which is ane o the leeds recognized by Google Translate) but just for fun you'll get it in bad Scots. :lol: :lol: :lol: T'is incomprehensible awready so here goes:

SCO: Mr. Lisi wis a man was had twa hobbies, surfin and physics - and he didnae like the offeecious warld o' academic physics at aw so he developed his model saicretly and didnae publish it in a distingueeshed peer-reviewed (and pricey) jurnal, but at the site arxiv.org - and to the professionals wha hae spent thare lives warstlin the seilied magazines and beggin for lowie that thought is sae scunnersame and illoyal that they wouldnae even consider readin it - tho mebbe they wadnae refuse tae comment on it.. But some that daed read the thing liked it, ithers thought it didnae fit into their preferred theories and they said it had tae be wrong. And at the time (2008) t'wis the theory o strings that wis the new black, and those guys had awready problems gettin their awn thing goin ben (dinna rock the boat please!) If ya believe the airticle those that liked the model maist were fouk that had despaired o strings in 11 dimensions and nae definitieve proof and switched to some even mair unprovable loops (Loop Quantum Gravity - anither forgotten theory).

In addition tae black matter and black energy the physicists thir days have four basic forces, and the learned anes cannae even explain why gravity cannae be integrated wi the ither three forces (the strong and the weak and the third ane with the lang name). The day maist physicists accept a standard theory which is built on quarks that combine as bosons and fermions accordin tae a simple combination table. Some people try to see a bigger pictur based upon symmetries so they have proponed at least a dizzen supersymmetric theories - but the day they haven't proven ony o them to thair peers' saitisfaction.

Mr. Lisi's theory is built on something called the Lie's group E8 (invented by a Swede auld lang syne) whit is brimfull o symmetries in 8 dimensions, and Lisi found out that all the pairticles and forces he kenned - and some he didnae knaw (and nae ither body has fund them since) - could be put on the spikes o' the system, and sit t'is sic a bonnie thouct it wad be a reealy sad and dulesome thing to see if onybody found out it wisnae true. But then some body would have tae spair oot the question, and the now it seems that awboday have forgotten aboot it - expect those weirdos who micht wad read auld French sci mags in thair free time, and they daena comprehend group theory so we cannae help puir mister Lisi.

E8 Lisi.jpg

SER: Иначе: решио сам проблем у вези са језиком тридесет - имам добар хрватски речник, и личи на српски (у истој мери у којој српски личи на хрватски).
8 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:50 am

As announced in the last few lines in nthe previous message I have now made Croatian the 30. language on my wordlist mania project, and you could say that it's a parallel to Czech which also is there because I study a related language, but not the language itself. For Czech it is of course Slovak, and with Croatian it is Serbian. But in both cases on a background of the totally absurd idea to study six Slavic languages in tandem instead of focussing on just one of them.

I have run into a problem with my dictionary (from Školska Kniga, Zagreb 7.edition 1996), called Hvatsko Engleski Rečnik Croatian - English dictionary ... but apparently the English-Croat part must be in another book because I cannot see it in one fat the book I own. Besides I dunno what the heck they thought of when they constructed that dictionary, but a large part of the Croatian words are explained with other Croat words. I have a trick up my sleeve, namely to consult my two-way Serbian-English dictionary from IP Book, 2011 which uses Latin letters, and many Croatian words are shared with Serbian - but you can never be sure. So if I really decided also to put Croatian on my agenda then I would need at least a Something-> Croatian dictionary and probably also a Croatian->Something one. But that won't happen today.
6 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:56 pm

When I added Croatian to my 30 language silly-project list it lacked the two half-pages of old wodlist materials from earlier rounds, so I have now added those plus one column corresponding to the last round of all the others. As I wrote yesterday I'm not totally satisfied with my dictionary - it translates many Croat words into Croatian, and then I have to look them up in a Serbian dictionary which is totally silly. So if I see a good Croatian dictionary somewhere I'll buy it. And now I have started the repetition round for the wordlists, i.e. 30 times two halfpages with around 200 words per language. SO far I have only done English, Scots, Dutch and Afrikaans. By the way, I opened an old Dutch-German dictionary (Prisma, 2.ed. 1980) for the first time in a very long time and was rsuprised to see that it contains a LOT of words, albeit printed with a font then calls for the use of a magnifying glass. I may do a wordcount just to find out how many words it actually contains.

Croatian as language 30.jpg

FR: Dans Science et Vie, j'ai lu hier soir l'article mentionné précédemment sur l'auto-réparation du cerveau. Le cerveau est souvent perçu comme quelque chose que nous recevons comme package complet et parfait dans notre plus tendre âge infantile, et qui puis il se dégrade de manière irréversible jusqu'à ce que nous mourons lamentablement avec ce qui reste à l'interieur de notre crâne. Mais en fait nous savons déjà que l'hippocampe et le bulbe olfactif peuvent se modifier - sinon on ne pourrait se souvenir de rien de nouveau. Les chercheurs avaient déjà en 2008 découvert que c'est de petits trucs nommés 'notch' sur les cellules souche neuronales endogènes (CSNE) qui sont le clé pour permettre cette adaptibilité partielle, et en stimulant ces 'notch' on pourrait peut-être augmenter les facultés regénératives du cerveau. Bon ben, il s'est écoulé 15 années et je ne sais pas du tout si les neurophysiologues d'aujourdhui ont continué cette ligne de recherche ou non, mais la pensée qu'on pourrait amener le cerveau à se réparer soi-même devrait être un appât irrésistible pour les érudits qui sont toujours à la recherche de quelque chose sur quoi écrire leurs dissertations.

EN: I have also another project, namely to compile comments to my taxonomic species list. In the project I have now reached the Archosariens, which basically are the Pterodactyls plus dinosaurs (incl. birds), but in the file I'm going to comment on today I focus on those dinosaurs that are called Ornitischians even though it isn't from that group that the birds (Ancient Greek ὄρνις = bird) evolved. My main source will be the English Wikipedia, but since i'm now making a parallel file just with comments I can also include material in other languages - insofar there is something worth quoting.

Archosauria.jpg
4 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:27 am

Yesterday I started out doing a Low and a High German repetition sheet, but then I went out to feed the birds (including three voracious pheasants, that have discovered my homely abode and the attached feeding stations) - and then I found an excessive number of dandelions and started to pick them up. While I was doing that an acquaintance arrived with a chain saw and said that he was ready to do a couple of things we had discussed. My mother had a cherry tree that never gave one single cherry during the 28 years she lived there - but it had pretty flowers so maybe the birdies picked all the cherries. However the top that had been grafted on something else had died, and now only the bottom plant had branches (and only in one direction), and it didn't look pretty - so down with it. And then she also had a supposed thuja - but apparently it was a false something (fake cypress?). We liked it alot, but it expired sadly during this past winter for no apparent reason. OK, down with the branches, but we left the central stem that was around 1,20 m high.

And then I had to drive to a plant nursery to find replacements. I came home with a sweet cherry tree that just could fit into my car - I have been told that birds prefer sour cherries, and that plus my personal tast made me choose a sweet cherry, which I now have planted near the stub of the old one. And I bought three Clemates to climb up the fake something stub - maybe one would be enough, but I thought that three would be prettier - and if one chokes the two other out of existance then so be it. But I also bought some other plants now I was in the mood, including a couple of roses. One of them is supposed to be a climbing type, and I have a concrete pole that dates back to before my mother's arrival. It is enclosed in a green metal net, and I'll try to get the rose to climb op that pole so that it will cease to be such an eyesore. The other rose (a 'historical' white one) was placed in an area where I have placed 8 other roses. I also bought a red hot poker (Kniphofia) to supplement the three I already had, one more Buddleia, five different kinds of berries (even though my freezer still is half full of berries from previous years) and a Cornus which may or may not also carry berries, but I have placed it in a hole in a thorn hedge so that it can get a bit of sun from the backside through the hole. Actually I also four Forsythiae from earlier shopping sprees which I bought in the belief that they would become midsize bushes, but the aforementioned acquaintance pointed out that the one I already have (planted by my mother) has become almost three meters high, so maybe I should move them - but I didn't fancy more gardening yesterday. I also have to split the remains of the old cherry and the fake something plus other remains from earlier pruning sprees, but it will have to wait. I had to go back inside to relax around eight o'clock, one hour before sunset. Lazy me...

F6405a01_birdhouse-rubbish-new cherry.jpg

After my evening meal I first studied a short article about the miacids from the Czech Wikipedia, then a longer one about the open air museum near Martin from its own homepage in Slovak - actually I have used part of the latter some time ago, but then it can serve as a rebrush operation.

The Miacids were a group of meat eating mammals that arose in the paleocene after the great debâcle where most of the dinosaurs died out, which left some ecological niches for entreprenant mammals. And they died out at the end of the eocene some 28 mio. years later, leaving the scenes to true carnivores like cats and dogs and bears and seals and .. well, no - not the Creodonts, because in spite of their diet Creodonts weren't true carnivores. In recent years the paleontologist have become somewhat sceptical about the name miacids, claiming that it had been used as a wastebasket taxon for all kinds of early meateaters, and many of the claimed miacids have now been moved to other groups. I'll look closer into that topic when I reach the relevant file in my critter-comment files - right now I'm in the midst of the dinosaurs.

And after that I studied the article about the Múzeum slovenskej dediny near Martin in Slovakia:

SLK: Múzeum som navštívil v súvislosti so 'gathering' v Bratislave, a po akcii som sa vybral vlakom na vychod do Kosic a po navsteve som tam prenocoval na spiatocnej ceste v ŽIline, ale navstivil aj Mártin. A v centre bolo múzeum, ale aj skanzen juhovýchodne od mesta. Dostal som vysvetlenie, ako sa tam dostať: ísť mestským autobusom a ísť pešo a zvyšok cesty prejdite pešo. Ale na spiatočnej ceste som prešiel celú cestu späť na stanicu. Hovorí sa, že cvičenie je zdravé...

And since I was slightly aching all over the body after the gardening of the day I went to bed early and didn't even read anything before falling asleep.

F5816b02 mfl - Martin.jpg
7 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan

Postby Iversen » Mon May 01, 2023 5:25 pm

For the time being my main occupation is gardening. I've made another flower bed with lupins, geraniums, stoneworts and something called Dicentra which I had never heard of before I saw them in the plant centre. They should all be able to survive partial shade and a Danish winter, and some of them they are supposed to flower later in the summer where the perennials I already have planted may be less cooperative. These days my tulips are blooming. And the last couple of days I have collected almost a cubic meter of Dandelions, haha. There are other weeds in the garden, but I prefer targeting one kind of weed at any one time, and the dandelions are easy to spot right now.

Since my last post above I have listened to several TV programs. For instance the Nature Channel has had an almost excellent series of paleontological programs in French - I would have categorized it as 'excellent' if it weren't for the passages where somebody speaks English and a frantic French voice tries to drown it out. Right now I see something about Swiss railways - although they don't show much railway. At least they speak German with a slightly Swiss touch. They have just said that when empress Sisi went around her horses had their own carriage, and she brought along porcelain for 60 people, in case she wanted to have a few guests for a cup of tea.

GER: Gerade jetzt ist auf dem Bildschirm ein Herr zu sehen, der für einem Sisi-Museum in der Wiener Hofburg angeblich arbeitet. Es gab einmal ein privaten Museum für Seltsamen Sammlungen in München, und eine dieser Sammlungen war Sisi gewidmet. Aber als der Schöpfer diesem Museum bei einem Verkehrsunfall ums Leben kam, wurde das Museum geschlossen. Ich frage mich, ob die Sammlung in Wien einige Objekte aus der nicht mehr existierenden Sammlung in München gerettet hat.

EN: And on top of that I have done the repetitions of the nine Germanic languages in my 30 language project -but only for 6 old columns with around 200 words per language. And yes, it takes some time to get through 1800 words. I'll do the repetitions of the latest column when I have caught up on the old columns. Besides I have studied a couple of pages from my Polish Potter V. My goodnight reading yesterday was the first twenty pages of an issue of Science & Vie, this one from 2009 - I have finished the one from 2008 with the articles about Lisi.

And in between I have also finished some comment files to my species lists, including comments to the Pterodactyls and two kinds of dinosaurs and the synapsids (our distant ancestors) from the Caseasauria (Late Carbon) up to the still extant Monotremata and Marsupialia. I reckon that I can add the Atlantogenata this evening (proboscids, sea cows armadillos, anteaters and sloths). And then repetitions of Latin and a couple of Romance languages if time permits. At least I don't have to bother about the garden after dark.

Clado for some mammals.jpg
6 x

Carmody
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N)
French (B1)
Language Log: http://tinyurl.com/zot7wrs

Postby Carmody » Mon May 01, 2023 6:59 pm

Love hearing of your gardening exploits. :D
0 x

Return to “Language logs”