Meyers. [TAC’15] Formidable French.

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Meyers
White Belt
Languages: English (N), German (C1), French (beginner)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1023&p=4947#p4947

Re: Meyers. [TAC’15] Formidable French.

Postby Meyers » Fri May 20, 2016 2:33 pm

I've just realised that it's been a while since I last updated my log :s oops.

I'm now into my second week in France and I've been busy with various mundane activities such as setting up a bank account, cellphone plan, converting my NZ driving licence into a French driving licence etc. I've also been dealing with the plumber and an electrician which have both tested my French to its fullest extent.. Last night, I was in a game bar which is a bar with a whole lot of board games, there we played two games, one called Canardage and the other Taggle, the latter I found really challenging but also good fun. My plan is just to keep putting myself in these difficult situations which test my French and I should slowly improve.

On the study side of things I haven't done much. I take a small notebook around with me on my daily activities and fill it up with words and phrases that I come across often or find interesting and it seems to work.

à la prochaine
1 x
French In Action Part 1: 12 / 26

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Re: Meyers. [TAC’15] Formidable French.

Postby PeterMollenburg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:56 am

Hey Meyers...

Just wondering if you're still out there and learning languages?

PM
0 x

Return to “Language logs”