2019 Korean Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Sayonaroo
Green Belt
Languages: English(N), Japanese -fluent?, Korean - advanced?, Spanish (b1?)
Language Log: http://choronghi.wordpress.com

Re: 2019 Korean Log

Postby Sayonaroo » Thu May 23, 2019 5:55 pm

just wanted to let you know that the post on the jtbc site for getting korean subs was really helpful! I got the subs for the izone episode for Knowing Brows and I stuck them at the top of the screen on Potplayer since they have text all over the bottom. As you said the timing is wonky so I went into aegisub ->timing-> timing processor and added lead ins and lead outs (600 each or maybe more) so that each line stays on the screen longer. I find the subs very helpful and usable once I did that.
1 x

suko
Yellow Belt
Languages: Swedish - English - Korean

Postby suko » Fri May 24, 2019 10:51 pm

-
Last edited by suko on Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Sayonaroo
Green Belt
Languages: English(N), Japanese -fluent?, Korean - advanced?, Spanish (b1?)
Language Log: http://choronghi.wordpress.com

Postby Sayonaroo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:44 pm

I just wanted to share excel codes in case you find them relevant to your studies. The code you pasted for saving text is game-changing. I like using excel to make cards from reading. This is a recent sentence I collected using your script: 기절 (氣絶)을 해버리는 *-|통</span> -* 에 분위기 (雰圍氣)를 깨버렸다 +はずみ. I type in + to separate the sentence and the definition. Sometimes I also write out the word. I usually write/paste the definition (usually from lingoes offline pop-up dictionary). I use + as a separator when I paste into excel so everything is entered into separate cells. I also use sort by length before pasting into excel so I don't have to deal with empty cells.
https://www.miniwebtool.com/sort-text-by-length/ For the ones where I have to look more into it via googling/asking people etc I append +WTF and send it to another .txt file. Also ditto clipboard manager’s shortcut for copypaste (info in slot 1, slot 2 etc so I can copy copy then paste paste instead of copy paste copy paste) is helpful. You could accomplish the same thing with an autohotkey script

I saved all the codes and uploaded into an xls file here

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ffkbew ... /wordquery
but anyways it has

excel code for making c1 c2 from first 2 syllables of the word
It takes 3 columns to accomplish it.
b1:
=LEFT(A1,0) & "{{c1::" & MID(A1,1,1000)
c1:
=LEFT(B1,7) & "}}" & MID(B1,8,1000)
d1:
=LEFT(C1,9) & "{{c2::" & MID(C1,10,1000)

excel code for extracting text
=IF(SUMPRODUCT( -- ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"|","~?~?_~?~?|"},A1)))>0,MID(A1, FIND("|",A1)+1, FIND("</span>", A1, FIND("|", A1)+1)-FIND("|",A1)-1),"NA")

I wrap the text in *-|word</span> -* using authotkey AND this excel code extracts that's between | and <. I have to use | and then replace it with control + h to <span class="my-highlight-style-1"> since excel doesn't like something in the span class thing.

I use substitute to substitute the word with the clozed version of the word in the sentence.
=SUBSTITUTE(B10, A10, C10)
This code means that excel is searching a10 for b10 to replace b10 with c10. so b10 is the word, a10 is the sentence, c10 is the clozed version of the word.

wrapping code for authotkey. shortcut is f8
$F8:: ; select text press alt-x

ClipSaved := ClipboardAll ; Save the entire clipboard to a variable of your choice.

Clipboard= ; clear Clipboard
Clipboard= ; clear Clipboard

Send ^x ; cut text to Clipboard

Clipboard := "*-|" . Clipboard . "</span> -*" ; wrap with comments tag

Send ^v ; paste new Clipboard

Clipboard := ClipSaved ; Restore the original clipboard. Note the use of Clipboard (not ClipboardAll).

ClipSaved = ; Free the memory in case the clipboard was very large.

Send, {END}
Sleep, 200

Return

===
I wrap in my-highlight style because I like to have the word emphasized with a huge font!
this is what i have in my styling section of anki
}

.my-highlight-style-1 {
font-size: 47px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #000000;
}
I also recently found out that I can prepend/append text <span style~ but I haven't applied it to my card because I think I'm satisfied with the big text.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Anki/comments/ ... using_css/

The *- -* is there because I like the clozed text to be big at all times. Even if you put in the code for making clozed text big it only applies to the cloze card you're being shown ie only c1 clozes are affected when you're shown the c1 card but the c2 clozes don't have the style applied. The cards I make via reading already have span so it doesn't make a difference but it makes a difference when I"m making anki cards from tv shows.

I have it pasted in the front template to accomplish that. Also
<span class="front">{{cloze:Text}}</span><script>
fields = document.querySelectorAll('.front');
for(var i=0; i<fields.length; i++) {
fields[i].innerHTML = fields[i].innerHTML
.replace(/\*-/g, '<span style="font-size:50px">')
.replace(/-\*/g, '</span>')
}
</script>

ALSO I like running wordquery and hanseido so I have to make sure there are no extra spaces (if it's a word.) so what I could do is control +h *-|space with *-| etc. I decided I'd rather just wrap the text with no spaces in the first place so I came up with an authotkey for double click, shift, left. If I press F7 it does the double click where my mouse is and highlights one space less.

~$F7:: ; select text press alt-x
Click, 2
Send, {Shift Down}{Left}{Shift Up}
Sleep, 200

Return

I really liked readlang.com (the site is dead now I think. I can't login via my gmail) and this is pretty much the same thing in terms of collecting words. I find this more convenient though.
1 x

Return to “Language logs”