How to learn with dialogues?

General discussion about learning languages
neumanc
Orange Belt
Languages: Speaks: German (native), English, Dutch
Studies: French (advanced), Spanish (false beginner)
Mostly forgotten: Italian, Latin

Re: How to learn with dialogues?

Postby neumanc » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:29 pm

reineke wrote:I scored C2 on Dialang and my German is 98% Pro7 and RTL2. When I started playing with German my background was 2x 45 minutes of English (grades 4-8).
Please don't take offense, but I really don't know how you manage to watch RTL2 and Pro7. Isn't this trash TV? Surely, you have a very good reason for watching this, e.g. that the broadcasts come closer to authentic oral language than educational TV. If you want to watch German quality television, I can highly recommend "arte". It's the best there is. There's even a choice between German and French audio tracks. You really should try it out, if possible.
Axon wrote:How much time would you estimate you've spent on dialogues and sentences compared to speaking lessons and consuming native media? And how long have you been studying Dutch?
I tried to learn some Dutch back in 2009. This was before I had discovered HTLAL. I didn't get far back then. I restarted learning Dutch as a false beginner at the beginning of 2017. If I were to guess, I'd say that 90% of my learning activities were rehearsing dialogues and sentences (I also completed Glossika Dutch fluency 1) and 10% were watching TV and reading. Unfortunately, I cannot say how many hours I studied in total. What I can say is that it took rarely longer than one hour per day, oftentimes less.
2 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Re: How to learn with dialogues?

Postby reineke » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:07 pm

---
1 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”