Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
tactical_buddhist
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (B2ish), Norwegian (A1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... p?p=180557

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby tactical_buddhist » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:28 am

Good evening, my name is Jeff and I am from the United States. I just started German and I want to bring my Spanish fluency back up to a C1 level (currently around B1).

I used to lurk on the old forum site years ago but never posted so I am hoping to change that. Merry Christmas!
5 x

Kaha
White Belt
Languages: German (N), English, Spanish, Norwegian
Learning Chinese

Postby Kaha » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi!
I'm from Germany. I started learning Chinese nearly a year ago but got interrupted by the pandemic chaos and a sudden urge to escape into online games. Some weeks ago I had enough of the games and now I'm ready to start over again.
As a side project I'd like to improve my spoken English since I've got a new colleague who doesn't speak German very well. My pronunciation is a complete mess because I learned the language from reading and didn't have any audio available at this time. Not sure, how to proceed here... confronting a stranger with weird noises is not very high on my agenda which makes language exchange partners a no go for the moment. I guess shadowing is my best bet in the beginning. But learning Chinese comes first.
2 x

lisānunā
Languages: Arabic (N), French (N), English (FCE)

Postby lisānunā » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:13 am

Hello أهلا
lisānunā here.
I am pleased to having found this forum.
I love languages.
I am the author of a beginner's book about Arabic language writing system.
I am open to all interactions.
Best wishes to all :)
4 x
First Contact with Arabic Language Writing System - A. AZZI.

crypticgalaxy
Languages: English: Native
Japanese: Intermediate (N4-N3)

Postby crypticgalaxy » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Hey everyone! I'm a 21 year old university student in the United States studying Computer Science and Japanese! My goal is to apply to the JET program to be able to to teach English in Japan for a year or two after I graduate college. After that, I don't know what comes next but I do know I want to keep studying languages! I'd like to start learning Spanish sometime in the next couple of years, and from there I have a few languages in mind that I'd like to get into (Arabic is one of the main ones!). Anyway yeah that's me, I'm glad to be here with other language enthusiasts. :)
6 x

lponte
Languages: I'm a native speaker of spanish. I'm from Spain, Madrid
I'd like to improve my english.
I work in a bank and i can show you how is the live in Spain, a beautifull place to live

Hi, from Spain, Madrid

Postby lponte » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi, my name is Lorenzo, i'm from Spain, Madrid
i'd like to improve my english.
i can show you how is my beautifull country

Saludos
6 x

themoog
Languages: English (N) Polish (beginner)

Postby themoog » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi all. My name is Simon and I am from England. I have just started to learn Polish, so I can communicate better with people I work with. I look forward to browsing the forums.
6 x

Valerius
Languages: German (N)

Postby Valerius » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:54 am

Hello everyone! I am Valerio, who lost all his account data (passwort, email) but is still back for the new year.

I am from Germany and learing Latin, and Spanish.
2 x
Corrections are welcome.

Smaragd
Languages: English (N), German (intermediate: about B1 - lower B2), Russian (beginner: not quite A1)

Postby Smaragd » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:57 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Áine, I'm from Ireland and I'm studying German at university. Last year, I also started learning Russian, but I haven't made much progress yet.
This year, my New Year's resolution is to improve my languages. Last year, I struggled a bit to find good resources and to motivate myself to learn Russian, so that's where I'm hoping that joining this forum could help.
Happy New Year to every one of you and I look forward to discovering more about language learning through this forum!
9 x

chamomile233
Languages: English (N), Korean (int)

Postby chamomile233 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:55 am

Hello, this is chamomile233. I'm technically not new here since I used this site under chamomile232, and forgot the email address associated with it. But I'm not interested in getting it back and decided to go create a new account instead.

I was learning Korean for quite a long time, and momentarily stopped somewhere around mid to late 2018. I got renewed interested in learning it again after speaking with a few Discord users about achieving impossible goals, so I got motivated to come back to this site after a long while.

I'm probably somewhere intermediate. I apparently have a very slight accent, but other than that, people say my pronunciation is good. My listening skills I think are the best, while my writing is the worst.

I also have interest in learning Japanese since I've started to use Twitter, and am thinking about taking JLPT sometime this year at my local university.
1 x

ProperPanda
Languages: Polish (N), English (C2), French (B1), Turkish (A1)

Postby ProperPanda » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:01 pm

Hi everyone!

I've always enjoyed language learning so I decided to join an online forum for discussions and support. I'm really happy to find such a vibrant and active community away from big platforms such as Reddit and Facebook. :)

My focus for this year is Turkish, which I want to bring to at least a solid B1 level by December. I'm learning Turkish to communicate better with my extended family - hopefully I'll be able to hold a decent conversation soon! ;) I also want to maintain my French, mostly by listening to news and reading articles from time to time.

I'm looking forward to chatting to all of you! :)
12 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”