Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
queenkatherine__
Languages: Hungarian (C2), English (C1), French (A2)

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby queenkatherine__ » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:06 am

Hi everyone, I'm Katherine (Katalin). I'm from Hungary (moving to London, UK), my native language is Hungarian, I speak English fluently and currently I'm learning French.
9 x

dallonso
Languages: Portuguese-Brazil (N), English (Beginner)

Postby dallonso » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:32 am

Hi everyone,
I'm Diego, I'm form Brazil and I'm 33 years old.
I'm starting in English world recentily, and I'm join here for practice and learn with the betters. I don't speak very well and don't know many words and syntaxes in English.
I hope learn it.
My natural language is Portuguese, from Brazil and if someone need help with one, I would stay happy to help you.
:mrgreen:
5 x

Nina
Languages: French (native), English (almost fluent), Irish (beginner)

Postby Nina » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:41 am

Hi everyone,

I am Nina. I'm 24 and from France.

Although I've had interests in several languages through my teenage years (Italian, Dutch and Japanese), and I studied English, Spanish and ancient Greek at school, now I only speak English and French, and I started learning Irish about a month ago. I was a bit naive as a teenager, thinking I could learn a language online with minimum efforts. I long abandonned this idea :lol:

My english is not perfect, but I have been an English as a foreign language teacher for 4 months, for 2 classes of High School students, and then I decided to quit. But I've got a language teaching training / background so hopefully it could be a bit useful in my own learning of Irish.

I speak English daily but I find it extremely difficult to improve it and make it perfect now. The last steps really seem to be the most difficult to achieve. I even have the impression that it is getting worse, as I don't use it in an academic field anymore and "appropriated" it in my own way as I got comfortable with it.

Anyway, I am glad to be here
12 x

lingohot
Orange Belt
Languages: German (N), English (certified C1), French (certified C1), Spanish (reading intermediate, speaking/writing/listening beginner)

Postby lingohot » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:52 am

Hello, my name is lingohot, I'm a German native speaker and I study English, French and Spanish. I'm in love with Chinese culture and would love to study the language, but I guess it's too late. At the age of 40 I don't think my brain is still malleable enough to master the structures of such a distant language. I'm very interested in language learning techniques and I've tried quite a few of them. I've found there's no shortcut and that mastery of a foreign language takes a lot of time.
8 x

uju
Languages: I speak English and I am hoping t learn to Italian

My name is Uju, Looking at learning Italian

Postby uju » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:48 am

My name is Uju. I speak English as my first language. But I am looking at learning Italian too as I am here on a long vacation. I am learning so much from this platform.
7 x

Hordini
Languages: English (N), German (C1)

Postby Hordini » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:19 am

Good morning. I've been a lurker here for long time and figured I ought to introduce myself. I also used to browse the old How to Learn Any Language site and posted there a few times back in the day. English native speaker, C1 in German (ÖSD). Trying to brush back up on German as much as I can and see if I can get to C2 or at least closer to it. German is the priority now, but also interested in other languages and would like to start working on a third language more seriously (I've said that for a long time and keep putting it off). I've studied some Spanish and Arabic in the past, have an interest in Russian and have thought about doing Turkish. I really enjoyed Arabic but I think I will likely start with something that I can more feasibly get to a communicative level a bit more quickly. Professor Arguelles' video about Spanish, French, Italian, and German resonated with me, so I may try for Spanish or French, especially considering I could probably use Spanish a bit more in everyday life currently.
6 x

Mary
Languages: I speak only English language, I want to learn Italian

Postby Mary » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:17 am

Hi everyone, I am Mary and i speak English. I am here to learn and to contribute to this great forum
7 x

JosedechMS4
Languages: Spanish (C1 + medical), Chinese (A2)

Postby JosedechMS4 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi all, Josedech here. Exploring this forum out of curiosity. 28 y/o male, medical student. Language learning.

Hope all are well.
5 x

breeda1
White Belt
Languages: English (N) Esperanto (A2) Arabic (A1)

Postby breeda1 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi, I'm Henry.

I've had this account for a long time, but I was a lurker. Now that I'm older and wiser, I'm here to learn language learning tips and to hopefully help others as well.

Right now I'm mainly learning Arabic (mostly the Levantine dialect, though I have some Egyptian sympathies), but I'll probably endeavor to learn Japanese as well since I'm an anime fan.
7 x

AmyNolan
Languages: I speak Russian, English, Dutch and am learning French and Spanish

Postby AmyNolan » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:20 am

Hi, my name is Amy, I've been learning languages all my life, I'm 26 years old now. I speak Russian, English, Dutch and I'm learning French and Spanish and I'm sure that's not the limit. Happy to be on your forum)) ;)
9 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”