Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Introduce yourself here

Postby Serpent » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Welcome!
Please read the forum rules. (see the FAQ if you have any questions)
If you were active on how-to-learn-any-language.com, please mention your username.
Don't worry if your post doesn't show up immediately, we have to approve it first.
Long-term members are also welcome to introduce themselves, of course.
6 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

Damarissanchez
Languages: Englis b1

Learning english

Postby Damarissanchez » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello, I'm Dámaris, i'm from Spain and i'm studing at IES hort de feliu in Valencia.
When i really was starting to learn english was in first of ESO. It was easier for me because i read a loot of books and listen a lot of music in english. Thanks of that my level of english was getting better and now a days i see a lot of series in english.
3 x

Languages: Spanish(N), Valencià(N), English(?), Japanese(begginer).

Re: Your Language Learning Strategy...In 50 Words or so

Postby 5335 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Hey;
My name's Mercedes. For me the best way to improve your English skills is principally surround yourself with the language - the methods to do it are in your hands. In my case, I watched visual content in English, I did all my Google searches in English, I talked with myself in order to find new vocabulary, etc. It’s also really useful to keep a journal so you can practice your writing skills and fluency.
3 x

luciaespert
Languages: I speak spanish and I'm studding English.

How to learn English 50-70 words

Postby luciaespert » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi, I'm Lucia a student of IES HORT FELIU, from Alginet.
In my point of view to learn English you have to go to classes with someone who knows a lot of English to learn grammar, to write in English and listen to the person speak.
Other methods that I use are listening music and watch series, but not with a very difficult vocabulary, to understand it.
2 x

zenmonkey
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Spanish, English, French trilingual - German (B2/C1) on/off study: Persian, Hebrew, Tibetan, Setswana.
Some knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, Ladino, Yiddish ...
Want to tackle Tzotzil, Nahuatl
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=859

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby zenmonkey » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Hashimi wrote:Why?

So that the Students from Valencia™ don't start a 1000 threads on "Hi, I'm learning English" just to practice English. I'm personally glad to see people starting a language learning journey. At the same time, the forum is about providing useful content for language learners, so for each thing ... a place.
7 x
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

Monicablasco
Languages: English (N),French (A2), Spanish (native language)

Postby Monicablasco » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi!
I'm Mónica Blasco and I'm studying at IES Hort de Feliu.I think that when I was a student of 3rd of ESO I had a bad level of English but today I'm very better, but I think that I can improve it more. In my opinion I think that the best form to learn a language is watching videos or series, also you can hear music for learn new vocabulary and improve the pronunciation. In my case that the best form is reading,where I learn much vocabulary because you must find the vocabulary that you don't understand.Also I learn so much watching videos, where there are a lot of new vocabulary for me.
2 x

paaulaa.ortiz
Languages: I speek two languages: Spanish and English

Postby paaulaa.ortiz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Hello, my name is paula. I'm a student at IES hort de Feliu.
In my opinion a good way to learn English is watching films, listening to music, reading books and write the words you don't know in the notebook and translate them.
In my case, i started learning English in the elementary school, starting with the colours and little by little i learned more english listening to music.
The ways i use to learn Engkish are listening to music, this is my favourite method and the most entretaining too.
I watch films in English with subtitles and with that I learn a lot of vocabulary and pronunciation.
And sometimes I read books in English, is very useful to express yourself better and the writing.
2 x

paula.cejalvo
Languages: I speek two lenguages: Spanish and English

Postby paula.cejalvo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Hello, my name is Paula I´m a student at IES hort de feliu in Alginet.
The ways i use to learn Engkish are listening to music, this is my favourite method and the most entretaining too.
I watch films in English with subtitles and with that I learn a lot of vocabulary and pronunciation.
And sometimes I read books in English, is very useful to express yourself better and the writing.
In my opinion, this ways are very good to learn English. I hope this helps you.
Bye!
2 x

sararequena
Languages: english (N)

Postby sararequena » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Hello. My name is Sara and I'm spanish. I'm studying eleventh grade in Alginet, Valencia.
I started to learn english in my school when I was four or five years old. I think that my english level is not bad but I have to learn a lot yet. This summer I've learned more english than I imagined because every movie or serie that I saw, I saw it in english with subtitle.
4 x

patriciamerlobruno
Languages: Spanish(N)
English (B2)
French (A2)

Tips to learn english

Postby patriciamerlobruno » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Patricia and I am 15. From my 11 years studying english I’ve learnt a few tips which can be really helpful for you in order to learn a language.

First of all, if you get used to the pronounciation since you’re a child, your comprehension skills will highly improve and in some years you will understand any conversation.

Besides, if you want to learn vocabulary, there are 2 good ways of doing it: On the one hand you can read as many books as you can (written in original version) and on the other hand you can listen to music of native singers.

I hope you all follow my advices since you won’t regret it. :D
3 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”