Languages: German (N)
English (C1-C2)
French (B1)
Chinese (Mandarin) (Beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16307

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby tery » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Heya!
I found this forum online whilst searching for some sort of language exchange/polyglot community (mostly because i feel having a community helps a lot with motivation) and decided to register because it looked really nice and welcoming!
I'm 23, from Germany, been a language enthusiast for a while now and have started to learn quite a bunch of them over the time (italian, spanish in school, after that russian and norwegian in uni), none of them stuck though, forgot almost everything of them. This year i started with french, this time not with an uni course which i think was really the crucial part of why i stuck through the beginners part this time and reached an (still low) intermediate level. Guess I just realized that learning languages is a really individual thing and i have to find my own ways to approach it.
So, I'm still putting in a lot of time with french and hoping to become fluent, and this year i also started learning mandarin as well. somewhere along the line i wanna pick up spanish and russian again, but thats really just a thing for the future.

So, it's nice to meet you all!
7 x

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Welcome to LLORG, Tery.
2 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Znewna
White Belt
Languages: Dutch (N), German (C2), French (B1), English (A2), Italian (A1), Hebrew (beginner)

Postby Znewna » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:53 am

Hi! I'm new here.
I'm from Belgium. My native language is dutch. But I'm living in Germany for 20 years, so my german is very good. I'm learning french and italian and I'd like to exercise my english, which I've learned for 25 years at school and never practiced afterwards. :roll:
So I'm glad if you correct my faults.
4 x

Language patzer
Yellow Belt
Languages: Greek native, English C2, French B2

Postby Language patzer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:30 am

Hi, I am a Greek native speaker, from Athens.

I am going for C2 French. My current level is B2 on paper, but lower in reality.

I will study seriously, but I am learning for fun!

Nice to be here.
3 x
Cours de Langue et de Civilisation Francaises
Book 1, finished

Takechiyo5
Languages: Japanese(N)
English(intermediate)

Postby Takechiyo5 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:28 am

Hello everyone!! I'm Takechiyo who is studying English. I live in Okinawa, Japan. Okinawa which is a small island in Japan has American bases. So I want to be able to speak English fluently and would like to have many native English speaker friends. But my English is not enough to joke or have really interesting conversations yet. I will be there eventually. I needed some forum to improve my English and I found this one. I'll do my best to help people who are studying Japanese, so if I post some questions about English, please help me :D
I look forward to have discussions with people who are on here. Thank you!!!
4 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Takechiyo5 wrote:Hello everyone!! I'm Takechiyo who is studying English. I live in Okinawa, Japan. Okinawa which is a small island in Japan has American bases. So I want to be able to speak English fluently and would like to have many native English speaker friends. But my English is not enough to joke or have really interesting conversations yet. I will be there eventually. I needed some forum to improve my English and I found this one. I'll do my best to help people who are studying Japanese, so if I post some questions about English, please help me :D

Hello and welcome !

I spend 2 years in Okinawa and loved the place and the people. Although I didn't manage to become fluent in Japanese.
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Xenops
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Danish (A2), Japanese (rusty), Nansha (constructing)
On break: Japanese (approx. N4), Norwegian (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797

Postby Xenops » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:42 pm

Takechiyo5 wrote:Hello everyone!! I'm Takechiyo who is studying English. I live in Okinawa, Japan. Okinawa which is a small island in Japan has American bases. So I want to be able to speak English fluently and would like to have many native English speaker friends. But my English is not enough to joke or have really interesting conversations yet. I will be there eventually. I needed some forum to improve my English and I found this one. I'll do my best to help people who are studying Japanese, so if I post some questions about English, please help me :D

Welcome! :D I have helped Japanese people with English, so I understand your struggle. Conversely, I find Japanese a challenge. ;) 頑張りましょ!Let's keep going!
2 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

Takechiyo5
Languages: Japanese(N)
English(intermediate)

Postby Takechiyo5 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:24 pm

rdearman wrote:

Hello and welcome !

I spend 2 years in Okinawa and loved the place and the people. Although I didn't manage to become fluent in Japanese.

oh! really? what did you do on Okinawa? And good to hear that you loved the place and the people here!!
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:32 pm

Takechiyo5 wrote:oh! really? what did you do on Okinawa? And good to hear that you loved the place and the people here!!

I was at Kadena AFB. A long time ago now, about 30 years.
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

M-Biggles
Languages: English, Yiddish (N); Spanish, Classical Hebrew (Begin)

Postby M-Biggles » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:30 pm

Hi all!

New member from Australia. I'm starting to learn Spanish and hopefully Classical Hebrew. Hoping to join some other learners in doing what I enjoy. I've not been learning languages seriously for about 5 years and it's very exciting to get back into things!
7 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”