Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
Sorgeakt
Languages: Native: French,
Fluent: English, Swedish,
Learning: Ukrainian, Georgian, Icelandic.

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby Sorgeakt » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:07 pm

Greetings,

I'm a University student in France. I speak French, English and Swedish fluently, learn Icelandic at University and Ukrainian and Georgian on my own. Currently focusing on Ukrainian.

I wish to teach French abroad even though my stutter and speech impediment make it a near-impossible dream on top of anihilating my self-confidence and self-esteem.

I'm mainly interested in Northern and Eastern Europe, post-soviet nations, literature, philosophy, history and music.

Hoping to meet people with similar interests and who speak or learn languages that I also speak or learn.
13 x

johnmcmillan
Languages: English (N), French (beginner)

Postby johnmcmillan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:36 am

Hello, I'm John, I'm from Pakistan and I am learning French therefore I joined this forum, I hope this will help me to improve my French language skills.
I hope people will help me out to improve my French here.
Thank you all. :)
3 x

MapleLeaf
White Belt
Languages: English (N), French (intermediate), Spanish (beginner), German (beginner), Latin (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=17653

Postby MapleLeaf » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Hello, I'm from Canada, and I want to learn all the languages! Alas I am mortal with only a limited amount of time, and so I must restrict which languages to learn. I am focusing on English, French, and Spanish with a few covetous glances at others. I've taken German and Latin in school, but it didn't stick. I studied German for a few months before going to Germany a couple of years ago, where they speak English anyway so I didn't get in much practice, but it was helpful in reading the signs. English's my first language, but I'm having to learn it again since I got a cochlear implant (I've had very little hearing all my life); I'm learning what it sounds like, and receive regular reminders that its spelling system is an unreliable indicator of pronunciation. I have to carefully pick what to listen to, or I quickly get lost, even when following with a transcript. I've read nearly all the books I can find about languages; my favorite author is David Crystal.
7 x

Brooks of Sheffield
Languages: English (N)

Postby Brooks of Sheffield » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:09 am

Hello. I am American, but English seems more like a foreign language to me sometimes. I mostly like to read in other languages. I don’t fancy traipsing around Milan asking “Dov’e il bagno?”, but I do love Dante, for example. That is why I stick to studying to read mostly. I have quite a few languages that I am learning to read. Mostly the European ones interest me due to the enormous literature that I can pick up for cheap at used book stores.
I have spent some time lurking here and finding useful advice and conversations. I even tried Aya’s read-listen technique, but I cannot say that it helped.
All right. I’ll see you around.
5 x

Rica
Languages: Spanish (N), English (C1), French (B2)

Postby Rica » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:53 pm

Hello,
I am Spanish and I am currently in WHV in Australia. I am improving my English there and I have also been learning French for many years.

I look forward to sharing my learning experience and discovering the experiences and tips of other members of the community. ;)
6 x

pohaku
Languages: Reading knowledge: German, French, Classical Persian. Working on reading Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish

Postby pohaku » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:21 pm

Hi—I'm in the USA and my interest is mostly gaining reading skill in various languages that have extensive literatures. I can read German and French and Classical Persian pretty well, and I'm working on many others, including Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Polish. Hungarian is in there, too. I have acquired aspirational micro-libraries for many other languages, too. Estonian! Armenian! Aloha, Pohaku
7 x

Phaidyme_88
Languages: Portuguese (N), English; Study French, German

Postby Phaidyme_88 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Hello! I'm Isabelle and I'm not really new to this forum or the old HTLAL but since I can't recover my old account (isabliss27) for some reason, here I am to finally be once again active with language learning.

I have an English Translation degree and right now I'm a Classics grad student with focus on Ancient Greek. My Latin isn't very solid although I finished a method last year, but it is in my plans to review the material sometime in the near future.

Currently I'm studying French, and in the past I've dabbled in German, Russian, Italian, Icelandic and Norwegian. I've also taken classes on Persian and French at university.

I really hope to bring French to a comfortable reading level by the end of next year!
6 x

rishabsain
Languages: French

Postby rishabsain » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm

"Hi, I am from Pune, india.
I am an teacher.
Currently working as a teacher in Seven Mentor."
2 x

ozymandias
Languages: Spanish (N), Portuguese (N), English (C2), French (B2), Basque (Beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17551

Postby ozymandias » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi!

I'm a college student focusing right now on French and Basque. I plan to pass the DALF C2 next year. I'm lacking a bit of motivation these days as language learning is kind of a solitary hobby, so I don't really have nobody to share my progress. I hope I can regain the motivation I need to continue writing a log in this forum.

I hope you are all doing great!
5 x

IntrepidLearner
White Belt
Languages: English (N), German (A2)

Postby IntrepidLearner » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:41 am

Hello,

I'm a language learner mostly interested in studying German but may branch out into other languages. I look forward to talking with everyone here!

Best,
IntrepidLearner
2 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”