Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
MorkTheFiddle
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek, aiming for mastery by 2424. Studying a bit of Latin and Japanese. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Tue May 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Welcome to LLORG! Enjoy.
0 x
Tu sabes cuando sales pero no sabes cuando regresas.

baset.oz
Languages: English , turkish , persian , pashto

Postby baset.oz » Fri May 14, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi guys my name is Baset, i am an aerospace engineer student in turkey Ankara
4 x

Reaver Engel
Languages: English (N)
German (Beginner)

Postby Reaver Engel » Wed May 26, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi! My name is Stacy and I am from Ontario Canada.

When I was about 13 I fell in love with the German language through a friend who introduced me to a band, no it wasn't Rammstein haha, (although I did already listen to them occasionally) but a different band called Oomph! For some reason the language clicked with me after I became obsessed with them, fell in love with the language and a few months later I found out from my father that on his side of the family we actually are German which just severed to cement my new found obsession.

I studied on and off for a while, unfortunately I went through a few tough situations in my life growing up and therefore I lost a lot of what I did learn, over the past 6 or 7 years I've picked it up here and there in bits and pieces again, thankfully remembering a lot more than I thought I would, however it was never enough to really do more than just making sure I didn't forget too much and not enough to actually learn new stuff.

I'm 27 and want to truly pursue the love I've had since I was a young teen, it is my dream above all else to visit Germany one day, maybe even live and work there it I ever get lucky, it's honestly something I can't explain, just this push, this drive since I fell in love with the language, just some pull, doesn't matter how tough the grammar problem, how hard the word, I enjoy every second of the learning, it truly is as fun as a video game or watching TV for me, I know it sounds weird but its just so much fun.

Now that I'm older, finally living on my own with my boyfriend in our own place, have the time I want to do stuff, and a wonderful job where I can listen to podcasts or watch shows for almost 9 hours a day while working, I feel that I am in the best possible position to put my mind into it and do it right.

I also briefly dabbled in Russian, Japanese, and Arabic. German sparked a love of languages in me and I discovered I am attracted to languages with different writing systems, I dabbled in those languages just with the intention to gauge my interest in them and see if they were ones I would be interested in learning in the future, but I want my German to be at least a B2 before I attempt another one.

With German I say I am book smart with it, I know lots and lots of words, but I can barley put them into sentences and when I do, its usually with using lots of English grammar patterns, so sadly despite my years of love and obsession, I would say I'm maybe an A1.

Anyways I apologize for the long introduction, I get so excited and happy talking about languages, I never participated in a online forum really, I read all the rules and everything and I'm just hoping to meet some cool new people who share my love of languages!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm so excited to meet you all!
12 x

evee
Languages: Native is English, still learning in Spanish and fluent in Filipino

Postby evee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:31 am

Hello I'm Evee! New here!
3 x

MorkTheFiddle
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek, aiming for mastery by 2424. Studying a bit of Latin and Japanese. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:03 pm

Reaver Engel wrote:Hi! My name is Stacy and I am from Ontario Canada.
I'm 27 and want to truly pursue the love I've had since I was a young teen, it is my dream above all else to visit Germany one day, maybe even live and work there it I ever get lucky . . .
Hello, Stacy. Welcome to LLORG!
I know a few people who have traveled a lot in Europe, and many of them say their favorite destination was Germany. People expect to hear Paris or London and other places, but not Germany. I too have visited Germany, mostly Munich, and I retain many fond memories of it myself. So, I hope you make it there, and soon.
1 x

MorkTheFiddle
Brown Belt

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:05 pm

evee wrote:Hello I'm Evee! New here!
Hello, Evee. Welcome to LLORG! You'll find lots of interesting people and posts here. Enjoy your stay.
1 x

somersault
Languages: Polish (N), English (Advanced), Japanese (Beginner), German (Beginner)

Postby somersault » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi everyone!

I came across this forum like 10 minutes ago!
Now everyone is using either facebook or reddit but I miss forums so much! ;)

I work full-time, I have a dog and I like languages ;)
I am taking N5 in Japanese next month and hopefully CAE later this year.
5 x

MorkTheFiddle
Brown Belt

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:51 pm

somersault wrote:Hi everyone!

I came across this forum like 10 minutes ago!
Now everyone is using either facebook or reddit but I miss forums so much! ;)

I work full-time, I have a dog and I like languages ;)
I am taking N5 in Japanese next month and hopefully CAE later this year.

Hello, somersault. Welcome to LLORG and good luck with the N5.
0 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”