Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
BarelyGlot
Languages: Portuguese (N), English (B2), Italian (beginner)

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby BarelyGlot » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm from Portugal and this is the first time I try to learn a foreign language by myself. At the moment I know Portuguese (native) and English (I had classes in school).
I've started studying Italian by myself and I came here to find how to do it :)
7 x

Sprocket
Languages: English (N), French (B2), Spanish (B2), Dutch (beginner)

Postby Sprocket » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 am

Hello everyone, I'm Sprocket and I'm here to improve my Dutch! My native language is English but I used to live and work in France - unfortunately, I had to move back to the UK a few years ago for family reasons, and I'm worried I'm getting rusty now that I spend most of my days surrounded by English again, so I'm also looking to maintain (and hopefully even improve) my French and Spanish as well.
8 x

wintermute
Languages: Dutch (N), English (C1), German (A2), Spanish (A2), French (A1), Russian (A0)

Postby wintermute » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:09 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Roelof, my native language is Dutch, I am pretty fluent in English, and I am currently learning Russian. I study psychology and in my free time I enjoy climbing and reading :)
6 x

linguatom
Languages: English (fluent), Italian (beginner)

Postby linguatom » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:57 pm

Hey everyone! I'm Thomas from Scotland. I'm just starting on learning Italian, because it is a beautiful language and country. :D Any the hip hop is molta buona... amo la musica hip hop haha.
5 x
Amo la musica hip hop

Koremin
Languages: French (natif) English (good understanding, not so good active skills), German (B2)

Postby Koremin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:08 pm

Hello,

I'm Koremin, from Belgium. I'm not very good at langage learning, and I failed multiple times in the past 15 years to learn the two other langages of my country.
I'm currently mainly working my German. I read plenty of topics in this forum, and and they helped me a lot to make my study more efficient. I finally decided to register, hoping it will give me some occasion to practice my written English.
9 x

BlueDanceShoes
Languages: English (N), Spanish (intermediate)

Postby BlueDanceShoes » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:08 am

Hello everyone my name is Yin and I'm a native English speaker who has been slacking on practicing his Spanish lol. I'm currently looking into learning Japanese and Chinese as well. I'm an artist and avid anime fan :D
8 x

Weltfrieden
Languages: English (N), German (C1), Spanish (B2), Arabic (A2)

Postby Weltfrieden » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:36 am

Hello everyone, guten Tag, mucho gusto, وجزاك الله خيرا

My name is Shawn and my goal in life is to become a hyperpolyglot. I have a Bachelor's degree in Foreign Language, the specialization in German, and speak German regularly as a technical support agent for Jabra GN. Right now I am building a volunteer language learning community called ANILLO Worldwide.

Due to my great interest in languages, culture and connecting with others who share that interest, I figured finding a forum would be a fun outlet in which to express myself. I look forward to getting to know you all better!

See you later! Bis später! !Hasta luego! !أراك لاحقا!
2 x

Park Bom
Languages: Deutsch
Englisch (basics)

Postby Park Bom » Mon May 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Hallo, alle zusammen.
Mein Name ist Vee und ich komme aus Deutschland.
der erste Berührungspunkt mit Fremdsprachen, begann wie bestimmt bei vielen anderen auch in der Schule mit Englisch.
Irgendwann später in meinem Leben fing das Interesse für Japan an und später auch für Korea, Vietnam, Indonesien, China usw.
Ich habe mir fast jede Sprache angehört^^ aber sprechen tu ich nur Englisch einigermaßen gut.

Mein Interesse an Sprachen, änderte sich durch Tolkien, mit seinem Elbisch oder Dothrakisch aus Game of Thrones.
Ich interessierte mich mehr für fiktive Sprachen und irgendwann lernte ich auch Esperanto kennen.
Ich mochte diese Sprache irgendwie noch nie, ich weiß auch nicht genau was. Ihr Aufbau, die Aussprache oder sonst was.
Irgendwann dachte ich mir "das schaffe ich doch besser^^" und fing selber an eine Sprache zu entwickeln.
Ende April hatte Solenja die 1.000 Wörter erreicht und werde noch weiter daran arbeiten.

Bei Interesse würde ich gerne die Sprachen mit anderen Menschen teilen.

alles liebe :)
---------------------

Hello everyone. my english is not the best...
My name is Vee and I come from Germany.
the first point of contact with foreign languages ​​began, like many others, in school with English.
Sometime later in my life I started to be interested in Japan and later in Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, China, etc.
I've listened to almost every language ^^ but my English is okay

My interest in languages ​​changed with Tolkien, with his Elvish or Dothraki from Game of Thrones.
I was more interested in fictional languages ​​and at some point I also got to know Esperanto.
Somehow I've never liked this language, and I don't know exactly what. The structure, the pronunciation or whatever.
At some point I thought "I can do it better ^^" and started to develop a language myself.
At the end of April, Solenja had reached 1,000 words and will continue to work on it.

If you are interested, I would like to share the languages ​​with other people.

all the best :)
5 x

anestrom
White Belt
Languages: Bulgarian (N), English, German, Japanese, French, Chinese

Postby anestrom » Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 pm

Hey, I'm Ané and I seem to enjoy confusing my brain with incomprehensible gibberish. My favourite variety by far is computer code with some maths mixed in for good measure, but eventually my interest in far east cultures made me jump the shark and start learning Japanese. That has provided me with countless hours of frust^H^H, eh, fun over the years :) . More recently I've switched to Mandarin which so far seems slightly easier (probably an illusion due to already being familiar with many hanzi).

When not trying to learn how to decipher random looking squiggles I've also picked up some German, which is stuck in passive media consumption mode as recently I've not had opportunity to use it actively. This is now being followed by French, which I'm also learning for passive comprehension.
5 x

ayekasong
Languages: English (N), Currently studying: Japanese (intermediate), Swedish (beginner), Thai (beginner). Previously studied French & Spanish.

Postby ayekasong » Mon May 10, 2021 11:20 pm

Greetings everyone! I am a native English speaker and aspiring to become fluent in multiple other languages. I studied French and Spanish in school, and I've been studying Japanese since I lived there some time ago. I'm currently learning Thai and Swedish and looking at adding a few endangered languages once I'm comfortable in those. Nice to meet you all!
5 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”