Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
mattmo
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Cantonese Chinese (C1), Mandarin Chinese (A2)

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby mattmo » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:36 pm

Hello all!

I am Matthew; I've been learning languages for 2-3 years. Currently learnt Cantonese to C1 level and Mandarin Chinese to A1 level; looking forward to connecting with you guys!
7 x

Factoid
White Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English (B2)

Postby Factoid » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:37 am

Hello, I'm Factoid and I'm from Spain.
4 x

Brazilskýmuž
Languages: English, Portuguese, Czech, Italian, French

Postby Brazilskýmuž » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:30 pm

Hi, I’m Gus and I’m learning Czech.
I can speak Portuguese, Italian and French, and now have this crave for slavic languages, Czech being my favorite and the one i study. I have tons of questions :lol:
6 x

theminions
Languages: English (N), Spanish (beginner)

Postby theminions » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:55 pm

Hi, my name is Jacob and I'm excited to be here! I'm currently learning Spanish and I'm really enjoying the process. I've always been fascinated by different cultures and languages, and I believe that learning a new language is a great way to broaden one's perspective and understanding of the world.

Aside from learning Spanish, I also enjoy reading, hiking, and spending time with my friends and family. I'm originally from Las Vegas, but I've lived in a few different places over the years and I always enjoy experiencing new things and meeting new people.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you and learning more about this community. If anyone else is learning Spanish or has any tips for language learning in general, I'd love to hear them
7 x

Klatoan
White Belt
Languages: Swedish (N), English (2nd language), German (beginner), Sanskrit (interested).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18993

Postby Klatoan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Hi from a Swede!

On my journey, I have decided that I want to learn the sanskrit language. I see it as a life changing decision, one among a few of that sort in my life so far. But just to be clear, I am not looking to go through a religious conversion. I am open to the truth, but I don't feel the need for religious conversion.

Well, that's me in a nutshell, I suppose, as far as language learning is concerned, plus you did learn a tiny bit of something extralingual about me as well, perhaps.

Hopefully my posts will start to take effect soon. This is my second post. The first one, written twelve hours ago in the Classical Languages study group thread, has so far not appeared on the board.

Now, if you know sanskrit, speak hindu, or just have an interest in traditional (trad) metaphysics, trad sciences, trad symbolism, trad initiation, trad cosmology, cycles and ages, pre-history, or anything like that, then, no matter what your religion is, or even if you have none, it is likely that we will enjoy the company of one another, although the record has it that I am a wolf - a lone one, that is. So, there is a private messaging function here, I think. I haven't seen it so far, but I am guessing that there is one.

And if you don't share my interests - you probably don't - a language in common could go a long way.

All the best for the entire community!
4 x

Tourneliste
Yellow Belt
Languages: French native, English, studying all beginner German, Spanish,Swedish, Finnish, Estonian, North Sámi, Liiv Karelian, Vietnamese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19192

Postby Tourneliste » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:42 pm

Hello

I’m French, 55 years old, and I start learning from scratch some languages I had almost forgotten: Spanish, German.
I start also new languages: Swedish, Finnish, Estonian, North Sámi.

I learn at a rather slowly rhythm, for my randomly tiring health.

My wife is Turkish, but I really couldn’t learn that language, I really need to feel a true curiosity for.

Out of languages, I like sciences, photography, and jazz or weird musics.
10 x

freakative
Languages: Spanish (N), Danish

Postby freakative » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:07 pm

Hi there! Juan here. I used to hate languages, and I didn't think it was possible to learn to like them, but here I am. Motivation is such a thing.
5 x

attachou
Languages: English (N), Arabic (A2-B1), Turkish (A1)

Postby attachou » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:54 am

Merhabalar! My name is Atallah and language learning is my most favorite passion and I am so excited to find and explore this website! I want to be multilingual! Maybe even a polyglot someday haha :D
3 x

vitaminZ
Languages: English, Korean. Spanish, Japanese

Postby vitaminZ » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:29 am

My name is Wayne, and I'm studying Spanish from Korea.
Studying Spanish to enjoy Elite.
0 x

zjfict
White Belt
Languages: English (N)
Spanish (Inter)
German (Beg)
French (Beg)

Postby zjfict » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:43 am

I (re)joined the board a few weeks ago after having been on HTLAL years ago.

I am Zack- American born, raised and still currently living in Kansas.

After being a lousy student in Spanish for two years in high school and two semesters in college, I took it up again many years later. These days I find myself kicking myself for having not stayed with it to fluency by the late 00s or early 10s. This my year to get to B2/C1 land before I'm staring at fifty candles early next year. Where does the time go! Following that, I plan on moving on to French while continuing to enjoy Spanish.

Despite it being useful for some things I don't care much for Reddit while vastly preferring this site. I've created a language log with several entries so far. Cheers!
7 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”