Hello I am new here!

General discussion about learning languages
Lugia123
Languages: Swedish (N), English (B2), Spanish (newbie)

Hello I am new here!

Postby Lugia123 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:18 am

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I can already now say that I am the worst with learning language but I
think its really fun! I currently live in Stockholm with my girlfriend. Both of us are tired of the cold and plan to move to Spain permanently
because we always travel there. The issue is that we dont speak spannish and they are not the best English speaking country in the world.
So to understand the native language is a must for me because having a good social life is something I highly value.

So I googled around and found this forum which I believe can help me on my journey to learn this language!

I will try to be active here and hope to talk to you soon! :D :D
9 x

Jaleel10
Blue Belt
Languages: Afrikaans (N), English (N)
Spanish (Advanced-B2)

Re: Hello I am new here!

Postby Jaleel10 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Welcome, Lugia123!

I hope you enjoy it here. I am sure you will find that this is a community with lots of kind and helpful people. There are many experienced language learners on this forum so don't hesitate to ask any questions!

And great choice of username btw ;)
0 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan (B2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Postby iguanamon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of people here learning Spanish. Please drop by the Spanish Group here.
0 x

Lugia123
Languages: Swedish (N), English (B2), Spanish (newbie)

Postby Lugia123 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Jaleel10 wrote:Welcome, Lugia123!

I hope you enjoy it here. I am sure you will find that this is a community with lots of kind and helpful people. There are many experienced language learners on this forum so don't hesitate to ask any questions!

And great choice of username btw ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome, and yes its my favorite Pokèmon!
1 x

Jaleel10
Blue Belt
Languages: Afrikaans (N), English (N)
Spanish (Advanced-B2)

Postby Jaleel10 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Lugia123 wrote:

Thank you for the warm welcome, and yes its my favorite Pokèmon!

My pleasure. Lugia is my favourite Pokémon as well :D

If you guys are looking for a good way to start your Spanish, there are plenty of valuable resources on the internet. And a lot of them are free as well! As to not overwhelm you, I am just gonna give you one resource that I always recommend to beginners.

- Language Transfer: Complete Spanish. It's available on Youtube and Soundcloud. Pretty fantastic resource, a 14 hour course that won't teach you everything about Spanish, of course, but it will give you a solid foundation. After completing the course or even during it, it'll be much easier to identify your weak spots and work on them by using other material. You'll be amazed at the amount of content that the internet has to offer for Spanish students.

Feel free to drop by the Spanish Group to ask any questions or for advice.
2 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”