How would you like it to be a system of imitation and correction on the internet?

General discussion about learning languages
spanglish
White Belt
Languages: Spanish(N) English(beginner)

How would you like it to be a system of imitation and correction on the internet?

Postby spanglish » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:58 am

I mean this where a person helps correcting another person :)

First : the biggest doubt I have is

What would be the motivation of a native speaker to help another person on the internet?
0 x

mcthulhu
Orange Belt
Languages: English (native); strong reading skills - Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Serbo-Croatian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Slovene, Farsi; fair reading skills - Polish, Czech, Dutch, Esperanto, Portuguese; beginner/rusty - Swedish, Norwegian, Danish

Re: How would you like it to be a system of imitation and correction on the internet?

Postby mcthulhu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:13 am

Aren't there a number of language conversation exchange sites on the Internet that provide opportunities for imitation and correction? That seems to suggest that there are a lot of people interested in doing this.

I imagine there could be a number of motivations. In the second video you included (which I enjoyed), the two speakers are having a lot of fun; that's probably the best motivation there is. But language exchanges, in theory, should also at a minimum be motivated by mutual benefit.
1 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”