General discussion about learning languages
Jiwon
Orange Belt
Languages: Korean (native)
English (secondary native)
German (C1)
Hindi (intermediate)

passable: Mandarin, Japanese

Re: How international was today for you?

Postby Jiwon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:26 pm

vogeltje wrote:
You play the viola, that's so nice. I play the violin, so maybe we should both record a piece then record that like a duet. How much can you play? I can't play so much... about grade 2 or 3 (a guess) if you know the british grades? Have you got a piece which is for violin and viola? I posted some recordings on Iversen's log when I played the violin. I'd like to buy a better violin, the quality of mine is very screechy. If the piece is quite difficult, then I will practise it of course.

I am still a beginner. If you have the sheet music for a song you want to play, I can easily convert it to a duet for a violin and a viola. My experience in the choir and concert band made me an expert with Finale. :D
2 x
कहाँ -
मेरा अधिवास कहाँ?

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Jiwon wrote:
vogeltje wrote:
You play the viola, that's so nice. I play the violin, so maybe we should both record a piece then record that like a duet. How much can you play? I can't play so much... about grade 2 or 3 (a guess) if you know the british grades? Have you got a piece which is for violin and viola? I posted some recordings on Iversen's log when I played the violin. I'd like to buy a better violin, the quality of mine is very screechy. If the piece is quite difficult, then I will practise it of course.

I am still a beginner. If you have the sheet music for a song you want to play, I can easily convert it to a duet for a violin and a viola. My experience in the choir and concert band made me an expert with Finale. :D

Great :) I don't know Finale or other software, but I know the name and that you can write music with that.

I don't mind which song. Mostly, I prefer classical. I love Brahms, for example, but i can't play such difficult pieces. You can chose a piece for our duet!!! I don't mind which genre at all.
1 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:27 am

Jiwon, I have searched online to find a piece for the violin and viola, and I've found this website:

https://www.8notes.com/scores/11568.asp

can you play that? I can play the violin part I think.

or this, but i has got a piano part as well, so we can play a trio (I can record the piano part as well :lol: )

https://www.8notes.com/scores/21239.asp
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.

Jiwon
Orange Belt
Languages: Korean (native)
English (secondary native)
German (C1)
Hindi (intermediate)

passable: Mandarin, Japanese

Postby Jiwon » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:06 pm

vogeltje wrote:Jiwon, I have searched online to find a piece for the violin and viola, and I've found this website:

https://www.8notes.com/scores/11568.asp

can you play that? I can play the violin part I think.

or this, but i has got a piano part as well, so we can play a trio (I can record the piano part as well :lol: )

https://www.8notes.com/scores/21239.asp

I shouldn't have many problems playing those pieces.

I was just arranging "I See the Light" from Tangled for a clarinet and a euphonium, but I think I might be able to change it for a violin and a viola if you want. I would be more comfortable playing a euphonium though. :)
1 x
कहाँ -
मेरा अधिवास कहाँ?

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:17 pm

Jiwon wrote:I shouldn't have many problems playing those pieces.

I was just arranging "I See the Light" from Tangled for a clarinet and a euphonium, but I think I might be able to change it for a violin and a viola if you want. I would be more comfortable playing a euphonium though. :)

I didn't knwo that you can play the euphonium hahaha how great!! :D If you would be more comfortable playing a euphonium, then you can play this and I will play the violin. Yes, we can play that if you want.

My Mum said that I can get a new much better violin as my Christmas present if I want (yes, I want that), but we can record this with my violin now, although it will be screechy especially the e string.

We can create a new thread for the music played by the forum's visitors.

EDIT: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =14&t=7194
0 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”