Questionnaire on eLearning

General discussion about learning languages
smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Re: Questionnaire on eLearning

Postby smallwhite » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:43 am

taryn wrote:Of course I will! I just have to learn how to use this site :?
I looked at your profile and saw you live in Australia? Niiice, my mum is Australian but I haven't gone there yet :cry:
And Cantonese is your native language? 我学习汉语三年了! :geek: but it was three years ago and forgot most of it. Did you study Italian?

It's great you will stay. This is a great community to be in even if you're not actively learning a language at the moment.

Yes to all your questions including having studied Italian. In fact, I've studied every language on your profile :P I like to learn a little bit of everything. The only downside about this great community is that so many languages get mentioned you'd get severe wanderlust :P

reineke wrote:We are very lonely. It's usually me and smallwhite here arguing about explicit vs implicit learning.

About explicit vs implicit learning, really?

I thought this pro-implicit-learning post of mine would appease you but apparently it wasn't enough (unless it wasn't really about expl vs impl but let's pretend it was). I learned English implicitly and it's still my best foreign language. Voilà.
1 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:27 am

Yes, really, and to be fair you did not mention anything about your language learning in that post. Thanks for throwing me a bone, though. I "liked" your post and then I forgot about it.
1 x

taryn
White Belt
Languages: Italian (N)
English (C1)
Chinese (B1)
Spanish (A1)

Postby taryn » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Exactly! There are so many languages that wait to be studied *_* Unfortuntaley, I don't have enough time now. I have to finish writing my thesis for uni so that I can move on to a new chapter in my life :)
I kind of learned English implicitly, because my mum used to speak to me and my sister in English when we were just babies. (I'm glad she did because I know a lot of people whose parents are foreigners but never spoke in another language because they were scared the children might get confused!) Then I studied grammar and literature at school and at university. I think I still need to improve it, so I hope I can go abroad soon!
Ti piace l'italiano? Verbs are a pain in the bottom :lol:

smallwhite wrote:
taryn wrote:Of course I will! I just have to learn how to use this site :?
I looked at your profile and saw you live in Australia? Niiice, my mum is Australian but I haven't gone there yet :cry:
And Cantonese is your native language? 我学习汉语三年了! :geek: but it was three years ago and forgot most of it. Did you study Italian?

It's great you will stay. This is a great community to be in even if you're not actively learning a language at the moment.

Yes to all your questions including having studied Italian. In fact, I've studied every language on your profile :P I like to learn a little bit of everything. The only downside about this great community is that so many languages get mentioned you'd get severe wanderlust :P

reineke wrote:We are very lonely. It's usually me and smallwhite here arguing about explicit vs implicit learning.

About explicit vs implicit learning, really?

I thought this pro-implicit-learning post of mine would appease you but apparently it wasn't enough (unless it wasn't really about expl vs impl but let's pretend it was). I learned English implicitly and it's still my best foreign language. Voilà.
0 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”