Need help with survey about studying abroad

General discussion about learning languages
jbt2i
Languages: English (N), Japanese (intermediate), Korean (beginner), Chinese (hopeless)

Need help with survey about studying abroad

Postby jbt2i » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:45 am

Hello,
I'm writing a paper and I need some data. If you are studying or have studied abroad at a language institution (university or otherwise) I'd love your help. If you have good and/or bad experiences while studying abroad, I really want to hear them. I'm posting a link to the study here. I'm "kinda old guy who is not very good at much," so please bear with me. Also this is my fist post on this forum. I admit I signed up to peddle my survey, but I am interested in language learning, especially abroad, and may consider this site as a resource for further information. I wish I could give a gift for your participation, but this being remote, I can really only offer you my heartfelt thanks. Or if you are in Guangdong, Hong Kong, Seoul areas, I owe you a coke.

https://goo.gl/forms/r5dCSM1kWXqVVKAa2
0 x

leosmith
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N)
Spanish (adv)
French (int)
German (int)
Japanese (int)
Korean (int)
Mandarin (int)
Portuguese (int)
Russian (int)
Swahili (int)
Tagalog (int)
Thai (int)

Re: Need help with survey about studying abroad

Postby leosmith » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:58 am

jbt2i wrote:Hello,I'm writing a paper and I need some data.

Can you please elaborate? I won't do anything that's ultimately for profit, no offense intended. Also, the survey appears to be designed only for those who are 1) currently studying, 2) studying only one language, 3) studying in an institution, and 4) taking tests. If you want to include others I suggest rewording a lot of your questions.
1 x
https://languagecrush.com/reading - try our free multi-language reading tool

jbt2i
Languages: English (N), Japanese (intermediate), Korean (beginner), Chinese (hopeless)

Re: Need help with survey about studying abroad

Postby jbt2i » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Not for profit. Just some research for school. I think some could be reworded to be better. I'm not a survey expert, but I just do something and learn from the mistakes. It is mostly intended for those studying abroad, but if you remember your experiences well enough to complete the survey, I'm fine with that.
1 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”