Clozemaster

General discussion about learning languages
Tristano
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: Italian
Speaks: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
Understands but not yet speaks: Romanian
Studies: German
Can't wait to put his hands on: Scandinavian languages, Slavic languages, Turkish, Arabic and other stuff
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5141

Clozemaster

Postby Tristano » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi everyone,
As someone knows I'm enjoying using this application since a couple of weeks and eventually I advised to my Dutch girlfriend to use it as a means (together with Duolingo and listening to podcasts) to improve her Italian.
Unfortunately there was no Italian for Dutch speakers course but the Italian for English speakers does also the trick. However, I sent an email saying that it would be great to have an Italian for Dutch speakers course.

This was two days ago. Today I received an email that they listened to my request and added the course oO

Check it to believe: https://www.clozemaster.com/languages/l ... from-dutch

Now, my absolute respect and gratitude to the staff of clozemaster.
5 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Re: Clozemaster

Postby Elenia » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 am

They're pretty good about responding to requests. I requested a combination for Swedish and Finnish: lo and behold, it now exists in both directions!

Also, I noticed they've changed the way that answers are marked to make allowances for typos. Now if we email them about only knocking off 25% when you get an answer wrong instead of taking the whole sentence back to 0%, Clozemaster would be perfect!
2 x

Cainntear
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English(N)
Advanced: French,Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Intermediate: Italian, Catalan, Corsican
Basic: Welsh
Dabbling: Polish, Russian etc

Postby Cainntear » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 pm

The courses are generated automatically from data in the tatoeba.or* database, so creating a new language pair is simply a matter of running a well-tested computer program one more time.

( * I was supposed to be recording lots of material for tatoeba this year, as per my sig, but I upgraded my computer and the software stopped working, so I did too. I might try to write a replacement program to do the same job later in the year, once I'm finished this bloody dissertation. )
2 x

Tristano
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: Italian
Speaks: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
Understands but not yet speaks: Romanian
Studies: German
Can't wait to put his hands on: Scandinavian languages, Slavic languages, Turkish, Arabic and other stuff
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5141

Postby Tristano » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:12 am

Cainntear wrote:The courses are generated automatically from data in the tatoeba.or* database, so creating a new language pair is simply a matter of running a well-tested computer program one more time.

( * I was supposed to be recording lots of material for tatoeba this year, as per my sig, but I upgraded my computer and the software stopped working, so I did too. I might try to write a replacement program to do the same job later in the year, once I'm finished this bloody dissertation. )

I see. I was imagining something like that, but still
- it exempt me to have to program that software
- it's nice that they are so collaborative.
1 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”