Languages: polski (N)
English(C2)
español(C2)
svenska (C1)
日本語 (A1)
ภาษาไทย (dabbling)

Re: Learn all 24 EU languages

Postby Voytek » Fri May 26, 2017 7:36 pm

EU23 wrote:My motivation used to be all about trying to be the best but now I'm motivated by knowing that little steps can lead to bigger achievements. Over the past 11 months, I have made some really good friends who have not only helped me with my language learning but have also given me an insight into different cultures.

Good but in my opinon you would do better if you tried to find some more specific motivation. It could help your brain to become more suseptible to the learning process. But still if you consider that motivation as sufficient... :)
0 x
Exposure to Swedish-RL-building stage: 30 / 300
Exposure to Spanish-RL-final stage: 300 / 1500

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Postby Serpent » Fri May 26, 2017 9:01 pm

jeffers wrote:I just found this thread, and it looks like an interesting project!

One method that occurred to me would be to find language textbooks for your next language in one of your previous languages. It isn't hard to find French and German based textbooks for loads of languages, but you might want to scout around for textbooks in some of your other languages. This would definitely help you with maintenance of one language while learning another.

Yeah, I've mentioned it once and it was also mentioned in the wikia link I gave :)
0 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

EU23
White Belt

Postby EU23 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:27 am

Hi all,

I thought I would give you an update.

2017 has been one of the hardest years of my life and during this year, I’ve done a lot of soul searching and in regard to my challenge, I came really close to throwing the towel in.

My biggest low was trying to take the Spanish B2 Dele exam whilst suffering from an eye infection (which lasted for 2 months). I crashed and burned but in hindsight I now see it as a learning curve.

I’ve uploaded a short video of me speaking Polish (Link below). It’s not scripted and I don’t really say much because I hate speaking in front of a camera. If you speak Polish, please let me know what you think.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdBRZLrjQ1Z/
https://learn23eublog.wordpress.com/
6 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”