Language Profiles like on HTLAL

General discussion about learning languages
IchBinEinPoly
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Kannada (N), Spanish (was C1 but slightly rusty), French (A2), Chinese (A2 oral, but effectively illiterate), Hindi (bits and pieces, comprehension is very good but production is basic)

Language Profiles like on HTLAL

Postby IchBinEinPoly » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Does this new site have language profiles like HTLAL did? Could we set something like that up? What if we did it in a wiki style fashion (although not necessarily via a wiki) so that the community could contribute as a whole? I was thinking a dedicated subforum with different threads for every language. The first post in the thread would be the actual profile of the language and in the thread people could suggest edits, new information, etc.
2 x
PLEASE correct me if I make a mistake when writing in a non-native language. Thank you in advance.

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Re: Language Profiles like on HTLAL

Postby Serpent » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Yes, we're definitely interested in hosting this kind of content :) We also already have one wikia, though for now most language profiles are very short.
2 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 pm

IchBinEinPoly wrote:Does this new site have language profiles like HTLAL did? Could we set something like that up? What if we did it in a wiki style fashion (although not necessarily via a wiki) so that the community could contribute as a whole? I was thinking a dedicated subforum with different threads for every language. The first post in the thread would be the actual profile of the language and in the thread people could suggest edits, new information, etc.

We are looking to put that sort of thing on the static site, just need volunteers to write the profiles for the languages.
1 x
: 26 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

IchBinEinPoly
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Kannada (N), Spanish (was C1 but slightly rusty), French (A2), Chinese (A2 oral, but effectively illiterate), Hindi (bits and pieces, comprehension is very good but production is basic)

Postby IchBinEinPoly » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:42 pm

Alright, I'm gonna create some threads then for some collaborative writing.
1 x
PLEASE correct me if I make a mistake when writing in a non-native language. Thank you in advance.

Return to “General Language Discussion”