Speakers of Iberian-Romance languages. What does Asturian sound like to you?

General discussion about learning languages
jeff_lindqvist
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: sv, en
de, es
ga, eo
---
fi, yue, ro, tp, cy, kw, pt, sk
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2773

Re: Speakers of Iberian-Romance languages. What does Asturian sound like to you?

Postby jeff_lindqvist » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:38 pm

What many others said. Even if they used vocabulary totally unknown to me, it would sound like Spanish with more /sh/ sounds.
0 x
Leabhair/Greannáin léite as Gaeilge: 9 / 18
Ar an seastán oíche: Oileán an Órchiste
Duolingo - finished trees: sp/ga/de/fr/pt/it
Finnish with extra pain : 100 / 100

Llorg Blog - Wiki - Discord

Fuerza
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (Heritage-Advanced), Italian (Low-Intermediate), Sicilian (Passive-working on it), Latin (High Beginner) Old English (Beginner)

Re: Speakers of Iberian-Romance languages. What does Asturian sound like to you?

Postby Fuerza » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:26 pm

Honestly, to me it sounds like Asturian, though I’m very familiar with it as the Astur-Leonese languages were one of my research interests in grad school. Had I not studied it in grad school, I would probably say that it sounds like a European Portuñol.
0 x

nooj
Brown Belt
Languages: english (n)

Postby nooj » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:22 pm

Fuerza wrote:Honestly, to me it sounds like Asturian, though I’m very familiar with it as the Astur-Leonese languages were one of my research interests in grad school.

That sounds very interesting. Can you tell me a bit more about what this involved?
0 x
زندگی را با عشق
نوش جان باید کرد

Return to “General Language Discussion”