Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: German (N)
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

interview with the inventor of film languages

Postby Kraut » Sun May 15, 2022 6:11 pm

Have you ever wondered how film languages come about in movies like Game of Thrones and The Witcher? In this interview, I introduce you to the most well-known inventor of film languages in Hollywood and share his tips for language learning. Hello, here is Gabriel von Sprachheld! I had the honor to conduct an interview with David Peterson, linguist and inventor of the film languages "Dothraki" from "Game of Thrones" and "Elder Speech" from "The Witcher". David Peterson shared with me his view of languages and language learning and I was also surprised by one or the other statement of the language expert. In this video, you'll learn everything you've always wanted to know about invented languages and how actors learn those languages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ2aRi27yos

Hast Du Dich schonmal gefragt, wie Filmsprachen in Filmen wie Game of Thrones und The Witcher zustande kommen? In diesem Interview stelle ich Dir den meist bekannten Erfinder von Filmsprachen in Hollywood vor und teile u.a. seine Tipps zum Sprachenlernen.

Hallo, hier ist Gabriel von Sprachheld!

Ich hatte die Ehre ein Interview mit David Peterson, Linguist und Erfinder u.a. der Filmsprachen "Dothraki" aus "Game of Thrones" und "Elder Speech" aus "The Witcher" zu führen.

David Peterson hat mit mir seine Sichtweise auf Sprachen und das Sprachenlernen geteilt und auch ich war überrascht über die eine oder andere Aussage des Sprachexperten.

In diesem Video erfährst Du alles, was Du schon immer über erfundene Sprachen wissen wolltest und wie Schauspieler diese Sprachen lernen.
5 x

ManuelH
Languages: German (N), English (C), French (B), Esperanto (B), Russian (beginner)

Re: interview with the inventor of film languages

Postby ManuelH » Tue May 24, 2022 4:25 pm

The omega tau podcast also had a 2h interview with him a couple of years a go that is worth listening to: https://omegataupodcast.net/276-linguis ... -dothraki/

(For German learners with an interest in science and a tolerance for a Swabian accent you can also nicely use the German episodes for training ;) )
2 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”