I Am A Quantum Rocket/Warkid Scientist/Soundtest.

General discussion about learning languages
Leeda
Languages: English

I Am A Quantum Rocket/Warkid Scientist/Soundtest.

Postby Leeda » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:41 am

Hi im new here and just wanted to post about a language i invented as you can see in the title.

Some other examples include

Gloss/gross darkness/dorkness.
The Matrix/magix has you.

Both words are spoken at the same time so you hear both words.

This applies to all languages though i only speak english and its upto you to find examples in other languages.

This language applies to almost every word that can be spoken. Do you have understanding?

What do you think?

Thanks for time

Leeda
0 x

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Re: I Am A Quantum Rocket/Warkid Scientist/Soundtest.

Postby PeterMollenburg » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:04 am

It sounds to me that were it applied well in a recording studio, it could be a bit of a trademark of a rapper, otherwise, although creative I can't envisage many other applications for such language... maybe a comedy skit in which its difficult to decipher what is being said and results in a comedy of errors?
1 x

Le Baron
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), fr, nl, de, eo, Sranantongo,
Maintaining: es, swahili.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18796

Postby Le Baron » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:55 pm

I'd like to see some examples of it in action. Since I think I might already be fluent in this particular language called 'English'.
0 x

Deinonysus
Brown Belt
Languages:  
• Native: English
• Advanced: French
• Intermediate: German,
   Spanish, Hebrew
• Beginner: Italian,
   Arabic

Postby Deinonysus » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm

That doesn't seem like a language to me, maybe a word game or slang construction system similar to Cockney Rhyming Slang. One famous example is that making a fart sound is called blowing a raspberry because fart -> raspberry tart -> raspberry.

I'm not sure what you mean by two words being spoken simultaneously. Would you need two people to speak it or would you use separate recordings and splice them together?
1 x
/daɪ.nə.ˈnaɪ.səs/

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Postby iguanamon » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 pm

First, welcome to the forum, Leeda. We have a few members here who are con-langers, but not many. Mostly we are about learning natural languages. Other than Esperanto, there isn't much general interest in constructed languages on the forum. Still, there may be some interest here in con-langing. Perhaps you might start with a thread about constructing languages and this will give you an idea about how much interest there is in it here.
1 x

Le Baron
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), fr, nl, de, eo, Sranantongo,
Maintaining: es, swahili.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18796

Postby Le Baron » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:15 pm

iguanamon wrote:First, welcome to the forum, Leeda. We have a few members here who are con-langers, but not many. Mostly we are about learning natural languages. Other than Esperanto, there isn't much general interest in constructed languages on the forum. Still, there may be some interest here in con-langing. Perhaps you might start with a thread about constructing languages and this will give you an idea about how much interest there is in it here.

I know it's popular (and generally good) to be 'open minded' and welcoming, but this really isn't any sort of language, conlang or otherwise.
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:27 pm

It is not a language for humans, but maybe for aliens from outer space with connected brains, but separate mouths. The only things that makes me wonder is that both mouths speak English. It/they must be living in the neighbourhood of Leeda - or Leeda is one of them (or two).

Kunst092_binary_heads.jpg

F3547b01_two-headed-turtle_from_Geneva.jpg

PS: I just by a pure coincidence heard a piece of flute music for Leedas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”