Lingoda PDFs and note taking

General discussion about learning languages
kittur001
Languages: English (N)
French (B1)

Lingoda PDFs and note taking

Postby kittur001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to make notes on Lingoda?

I've tried printing out, but there are too many slides per lesson, and even if you do print them out there's a lot of ink wastage because of the colour (even if printed in black and white).

I've tried importing information into a separate document, but it takes a very long time to copy and paste.

I don't feel taking notes during the session is enough, and I don't want all my notes to be on my computer as I like the physical documents.

Any advice appreciated, or... how do you make your notes with Lindoga?
0 x

dampingwire
Blue Belt
Languages: Italian (N), English (N), French (poor, not studying), Japanese (studying, JLPT N3)

Re: Lingoda PDFs and note taking

Postby dampingwire » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:59 pm

Do you just want to have the slides plus your annotations? There are lots of programmes around that allow you to add your own writing and images to a PDF file. I use Xournal but there are plenty of others.
0 x
新完全マスター N2聴解 : 94 / 103新完全マスター N2読解 : 99 / 177
新完全マスター N2文法 : 197 / 197TY Comp. German : 0 / 389

joecleland
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), French (A1/A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 18#p147718

Re: Lingoda PDFs and note taking

Postby joecleland » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:06 pm

When I was using Lingoda I would download the file slides and work through the entire lesson an hour before the lesson started. I would not print anything. I would however keep a notepad and hand write if I came across anything I didn't understand or was not 100% sure of or needed a reminder (i.e. conjugation, grammar, sentence structure). I would write down what I thought the answer was or what I had questions of. At the end of the week I would review my lesson notes. I found by doing +5 lessons a week I didn't need to print anything off. I completed the entire A1.1 and A1.2 level of French.

I know this doesn't answer your question the way you wanted to hear it but thought it may help. As someone else has suggested using a program to write on top of the slides would also work just like they do sometimes in the lessons.
1 x
    Complete
  • Pimsleur French 1
  • Fluent Forever 625 Word List
  • Assimil NFWE - 77/113 Lessons (68%)
  • iTalki Conversations - 26 Hours

Currently Using
    Lingoda Level A1 - 100 hours
  • A1.1 - 45/50 Hours Complete (90%)
  • A1.2 - 7/50 Hours Complete (14%)

Return to “General Language Discussion”