We love, We are & Love

General discussion about learning languages
smv

We love, We are & Love

Postby smv » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:28 am

Hello to everybody!

I am writing a text in art college and I would like to complete it with opinions of people from different countries
regarding what this phrase suggest to you, the famous phrase " I love ... " but a little different.

I know the translation, but I need what this 2 phrases suggest to you, what calls you, what them mean for you, wich
is the difference. I will set in the example "rugby" or "golf" and then the sentences in particular are:
1- "We love ... rugby" or "We love... golf"
2- "We are ... rugby" or "We are... golf"
3 -"Love... rugby" or "Love... golf"

I hope your opinions! :) :) :)
Thanks a lot!
0 x

smv

Re: We love, We are & Love

Postby smv » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Hey guys!

What do you think? I think each one have differents meanings, refinements...

I need some help with that.. Thanks!!
0 x

emk
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2+)
Badly neglected "just for fun" languages: Middle Egyptian, Spanish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=723

Re: We love, We are & Love

Postby emk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:53 pm

smv wrote:Hey guys!

What do you think? I think each one have differents meanings, refinements...

I need some help with that.. Thanks!!

Hello, and welcome to the forum! This is a community for people who are interested in learning languages. If that's your goal, then we'd be happy to help you. If you're interested, you might want to tell us a bit about yourself: what country you're from, what language(s) you speak, and what you'd like to learn. If you have any language learning questions, we'd be happy to help.

However, if you just want to ask a few off-topic questions, and you're not interested in learning a language, you probably won't find much help here. I mean, sure, sometimes somebody asks a particularly interesting translation question or linguistics question, and we'll kick it around for a bit, and that's fun. But it's not guaranteed, and if nobody answers, please don't keep responding to your own off-topic thread in an effort to get our attention.

You might also try asking on the English StackExchange, or a similar site for another language. They like answering lots of English usage questions, for native and non-native speakers alike. And of course, if you do have any questions about learning a language, or about finding cool things to watch and read in a language, then please feel free to ask us.
7 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”