If you were to dedicate 5 days to nothing but working with your target language, how would you spend them?

General discussion about learning languages
Decidida
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (sidelined), Haitian Creole (beginner), Latin (forgotten), Ancient Greek (sidelined)

Re: If you were to dedicate 5 days to nothing but working with your target language, how would you spend them?

Postby Decidida » Sat May 30, 2020 4:02 am

tvakrinos@fcc.net wrote:
All my materials have audio files, which I listen to in slow-down mode. So I study a few texts, and then I listen to the audio files, often riding my bike (book in the basket).

I am finding my retention is better when I walk as I listen to audio and chant back to it. This is entirely different than when I used to try and use audio on the subway. I am less self-conscious chanting when walking, than sitting or standing next to people. I try to look at the booklet once a day to review and pre-study what I heard and will be hearing. I have been using the earworms audios and want to move onto the Michel Thomas audios when they arrive.

I am finding 10 minutes of Drop vocabulary worth my time. I had it set at 15 minutes and I was not benefiting enough to justify the added discomfort of pushing through for that long. Ten minutes is accomplishing enough. Sometimes less is more. Not as often as I would like, but with this, it is.
https://languagedrops.com/
1 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”